• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barcelona v Chelsea

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The victory at Anfield impressed me in the sense that they achieved something impressive. I have seen a lot of Chelsea this season though (we get a lot of Prem live down here, more than in England in fact) and I am constantly amazd by their inability to get the most out of their resources (the players). Have you ever seen Drogba or Essien playing for their coutries, saxonlad? Or for that matter their previous clubs, Marseille and Lyon? It's like watching different players. They have been dumbed down, Chelsea style. Chelsea constantly choose underdog tactics when they are far better or equal to their opposition.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have you ever seen Drogba or Essien playing for their coutries, saxonlad? Or for that matter their previous clubs, Marseille and Lyon? It's like watching different players.
Interesting, was thinking exactly that about Ballack. He's nothing like the commanding presence he is with Germany.

The converse is true with Gerrard and England.

saxonlad

The victory at Anfield impressed me in the sense that they achieved something impressive. I have seen a lot of Chelsea this season though (we get a lot of Prem live down here, more than in England in fact) and I am constantly amazd by their inability to get the most out of their resources (the players). Have you ever seen Drogba or Essien playing for their coutries, saxonlad? Or for that matter their previous clubs, Marseille and Lyon? It's like watching different players. They have been dumbed down, Chelsea style. Chelsea constantly choose underdog tactics when they are far better or equal to their opposition.
Not sure I totally agree but you make some valid points. I have seen Chelsea play teams off the park, Villa home, Boro away, Pompey home but also seen them play crap when they should have won at a canter. I have seen Drogba play for Ivory Coast and Essien for Ghana but they are given different jobs to do. Chelsea need a manager to come in and stay long term. Chopping and changing does not help. Fergie at OT proves the point.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im not implying anyone is Anti-Chelsea but I honestly believe a lot of people on here are either closet Liverpool or Man Utd fans.
Erm...think you'll find a lot of people on here are fully outed Exeter City fans

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Erm...think you'll find a lot of people on here are fully outed Exeter City fans
People always seem surprised by this, funny that, ay ?!

If it's not Arse, Scouse, Manc or Russian, football is nothing. ^o)

saxonlad

Sure they are but there are some with a soft spot!

saxonlad

Ha ha ha, loves it. I hate Chelsea with a vengeance because they all (players and fans) seem to be so bloody arrogant :D
When youv'e met them all and can prove your comments feel free to post and confirm this :mad:

nstphillips

Not sure I totally agree but you make some valid points. I have seen Chelsea play teams off the park, Villa home, Boro away, Pompey home but also seen them play crap when they should have won at a canter. I have seen Drogba play for Ivory Coast and Essien for Ghana but they are given different jobs to do. Chelsea need a manager to come in and stay long term. Chopping and changing does not help. Fergie at OT proves the point.
I think you are right, they haven't had a lot of stability on the management front, and have been pretty successful considering.

Abramovich (or however you spell the Oligarchs name) has according to the press stated that it is the end for Drogba. He is supposedly furious at the teams behaviour at the final whistle. Do you reckon Drogba will go? I seem to remember Drogba was a certainty to leave last season because of his sending off in the champions League final.

saxonlad

I think you are right, they haven't had a lot of stability on the management front, and have been pretty successful considering.

Abramovich (or however you spell the Oligarchs name) has according to the press stated that it is the end for Drogba. He is supposedly furious at the teams behaviour at the final whistle. Do you reckon Drogba will go? I seem to remember Drogba was a certainty to leave last season because of his sending off in the champions League final.
Drogba isn't that liked at SB. He has been given loads of stick for his diving and I would like to see him go. Chelsea do however need to bring in a quality striker if he does go.
I wish Chelsea had given Steve Clarke a go at being manager when Mourhino left. Very well respected at SB and would have kept some stability.

shakey18

Not a chealsea fan myself! but anyone can see that chealsea were robbed, The ref needs to be shot :)
If that's the case don't give it to Drogba, he'll miss the shot, fall over, and blame someone else for the outcome.