• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Banning Orders

Mark Wakeley

Yes it is.
The most broken law in the western world

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes it is.
Ive been done for speeding and yet I have no criminal record

Sprocket

Ive been done for speeding and yet I have no criminal record
Well technically you do, although it would not amount to a "criminal record" in the traditional sense if it was dealt with via fixed penalty notice (as I assume yours was), rather than it going to Court.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well technically you do, although it would not amount to a "criminal record" in the traditional sense if it was dealt with via fixed penalty notice (as I assume yours was),

Yes it was and I was stopped by a copper too!

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some facts:

"Banning orders are issued by the courts following a conviction of a football-related offence, or after a complaint by the Crown Prosecution Service or a local police force. For an order to be issued, it must be proved that the accused person has caused or contributed to football-related violence or disorder and that an order will prevent them from misbehaving further.

Orders are not imposed on people solely on the basis of minor convictions such as alcohol offences, or similar misdemeanours.

They can last between three and ten years and can be customised to address individual behaviour patterns. Breach of an order is a criminal offence and is punishable by a maximum sentence of six months in prison (however this is extremely rare)."

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/crime/football-banning-orders/

Sprocket

Facts have no place on Exeweb John.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Facts have no place on Exeweb John.
I know, but if I keep trying, maybe one day...it's like a supertanker changing course, it can be done but it takes a long time.

FAN-TATIC

Speeding us a criminal OFFENCE but regarded as a "misdemeanour" rather than a crime.

Parking is now decriminalised so is referred to as a "CONTRAVENTION" of the TMA Traffic Management Act 2004.

If you were asked "have you any criminal convictions?" and you have been fined for speeding you should answer "yes".

Asked the same question in an instant where you have incurred a PCN Penalty Charge Notice commonly referred to as a parking fine. You should answer "No".

ForeverECFC

Lighten up, getting banned for 3 years for setting of a flare is a joke.

FAN-TATIC

Lighten up, getting banned for 3 years for setting of a flare is a joke.
It depends where and when you set it off. In a crowd of people at a football match for gods sake. Why on earth did someone take the view that taking a flare to a football match was not only necessary but sensible.

Give me one good reason why they needed to do it? Then and only then will I have any sympathy for them.