• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bands you’ve seen ........

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wolf Alice. They were bloody brilliant. It's been a sparse year for live music for me though.
I’m just getting into them at the moment thanks to hearing their haunting track on the T2 soundtrack.

Terryhall

I’m just getting into them at the moment thanks to hearing their haunting track on the T2 soundtrack.
Well worth seeing them live if you get the chance - have seen them twice now (once their own tour, once supporting Alt-J)

Ashford Grecian

Off to see the new Led Zep tomorrow night - Greta Van Fleet

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seasick Steve last weekend. Very good indeed and an amusing chap to boot. Would highly recommend seeing him live.

DB9

Just about to see The Smyths at the Wedgwood Rooms in Portsmouth, I've seen them a few times an IMHO one of the best tribute bands around and the Original Smiths will never reform so to me this is next best thing

DB9

Just about to see The Smyths at the Wedgwood Rooms in Portsmouth, I've seen them a few times an IMHO one of the best tribute bands around and the Original Smiths will never reform so to me this is next best thing
Utter brilliance

If you're into The Smiths and never got to see them live or you did and like to relive that time go see this band, So much more than a tribute band

Avening Posse

Utter brilliance

If you're into The Smiths and never got to see them live or you did and like to relive that time go see this band, So much more than a tribute band
I guess there are loads of Smiths tributes, but The Smyths are playing in Sydney on the 2nd of Feb and maybe the same guys ?

DB9

I guess there are loads of Smiths tributes, but The Smyths are playing in Sydney on the 2nd of Feb and maybe the same guys ?
Check their website, If they are the same ones you'll be in for a great evening, Apparently there aren't many tribute bands of The Smiths around

Last edited:

STURTZ

Johnny Marr does a pretty good Smiths tribute act.

Stelios

Morrissey/Marr are not the easiest to emulate. Anyone can stick a gladioli up their **** but it's much harder to play like Marr. To paraphrase Noel Gallagher: "Even Johnny Marr can't play Johnny Marr's stuff".

Marr still regularly tours the UK and plays Smiths songs alongside his solo work. He was in Bridport a few years ago which I completely missed at the time.