• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Band Identity

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Are we being a bit precious here, given that we all support Exeter City with it's ever evolving line-up ? ? ? ?
We should have folded after Dick Pym left for Bolton.

Anyway, I agree it's a pretty nuanced situation - the thing with Quo is that as said above they were pretty much a duo with backing band now so it seems a bit strange for them to carry on in their original guise. I found Queen carrying on without Mercury to be a bit odd too - although when Paul Rodgers filled in they appended his name to the band to show he was a "guest".

But then again as also said above, there may have been people calling for AC/DC to give it up after Bon Scott died but then Brian Johnson came in and didn't exactly do a bad job (in between stints commentating on TMS).

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spice Girls were never the same without Posh

Grecian2K

Fish was with Marillion for just the first 6 of their recording years, with 4 studio albums.
His replacement, Steve Hogarth is now in his 31st year with the band after a further 14 albums.
But mention Marillion and most folk still think "Fish". (Rest of the group line up - Rothery, Trewathas, Kelly unchanged since the very first album and drummer Ian Mosley joining just after)

Grecian2K

Oh, and the Beatles should have called it a day in 1962 after Stuart Sutcliffe and Pete Best has left. As history shows, it was all downhill after that! :p

Swanaldo

They should have called it a day post-Parfitt.
Apologies. I thought Parfitt was the lad with the ponytail. My knowledge of 'the Quo' is somewhat nil.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't think of many solo artists who have made a success of this.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure Tupac has had more hits since he carked it than before.

Swanaldo

Leaving their band?

Phil Collins, Beyonce and Michael Jackson did all right.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
No I meant keeping the act going posthumously.

elginCity

Are we being a bit precious here, given that we all support Exeter City with it's ever evolving line-up ? ? ? ?
Precious ? It was only a lazy Sunday musing ! The No 9 shirt was retired out of respect, and so should the Quo !!