• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ashes to Ashes

Jean Jeannie

That was a classic one liner.

He was driving an Audio Quatro which apparently came out in 1983? The programme supposedly based on 1981.

I love the deloram - Back to the Future - another of my favs.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was a classic one liner.

He was driving an Audio Quatro which apparently came out in 1983? The programme supposedly based on 1981.

I love the deloram - Back to the Future - another of my favs.
There is a Delorean at the garage in Knowle Village...Not for sale,i doubt if it runs.They were very unreliable..

Antony Moxey

Apparently some early left hooker models of the Audi were available in 81, however I think the point was more to show something iconic from the period rather than historical accuracy. I doubt there'd be many plods driving one anyway - probably more likely to have a Capri or RS2000 - remember the Professionals!

:D

Jean Jeannie

There is a Delorean at the garage in Knowle Village...Not for sale,i doubt if it runs.They were very unreliable..
How many were made Olds? I've seen one in a garage in East Budleigh - been there for years - we go there once a year for Dave to take his bike out on its annual run for its MOT.

Jean Jeannie

Well it's one of the things that makes the programme a topic of discussion I guess Ant. Whats hooker models got to do with it? :p ;)

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

How many were made Olds? I've seen one in a garage in East Budleigh - been there for years - we go there once a year for Dave to take his bike out on its annual run for its MOT.
About 9000..They were made for the American Market..only 25 odd were RHD....the whole production fiasco was underwritten by the British taxpayer,before the plug was pulled(they were made in Northern Ireland)

Jean Jeannie

About 9000..They were made for the American Market..only 25 odd were RHD....the whole production fiasco was underwritten by the British taxpayer,before the plug was pulled(they were made in Northern Ireland)
You are a mind of information - I wonder if its RHD. I thought it was about 500 - 9000 is loads. Northern Ireland? Blimey the flux capacitor has taken on a whole new meaning.

Oldsmobile-88

You are a mind of information - I wonder if its RHD. I thought it was about 500 - 9000 is loads. Northern Ireland? Blimey the flux capacitor has taken on a whole new meaning.
There are still quite a few on the roads in the USA..it had a stainless steel body..After the success of the Back to the Future films,the car has cult status now ensuring a healthy second hand market...I think they used Peugeot/Volvo 2.8 V6 engines in them.

Ginsters girl

anything that features two tracks from Dexy's Midnight Runners is good in my book!!!

b*ll*cks to the critics - i'm loving it:D

crocks

Lams...

So, back to tomorrow and a trip to Essex. Let's hope we finish the game strongly. After all, we don't want to 'Fade to Grays'.

....were you watching A-A last night? As Fade to Grey featured....