• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Artur - So far, so good?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lez (or any other Mod) the last couple of posts illustrate beyond reasonable doubt why this thread is pointless and has run its natural course. You do individual players no favours in keeping such threads going.
I bet you were head boy at school weren't you? A post insulting me from Moxey, and one back to him from me putting him straight, and you want Lez to close a thread! Whats wrong with it that he should do that? Its not libelous, no violence implied or involved, no foul language, so whats wrong with it? Even Art comes on here for a chat when he's with Lez. Get a life man! Where would Art go for guidance if this thread died?

contrabombarde

Good morning and a happy New year Pete. I am feeling magnanimous this morning and so await your considered opinions later!

grecianfaniow

i really don't know why you lot keep on at each other? ****s sake we are all on the same side, yes we have pillocks and turncoats but i say lets be civil towards each other on here at least (WOWS), if you have grumps and gripes to put down, stick it on banter base!

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to lock the thread just yet as it stops other threads appearing discussing the same issue.. This way it's all in one place.

Grecian1966

I'm not going to lock the thread just yet as it stops other threads appearing discussing the same issue.. This way it's all in one place.
Exactly "what" would be in one place? Ego or vitriol?

PeteUSA

Exactly "what" would be in one place? Ego or vitriol?
I bet you feel really good dont you, starting a debate about the validity of a thread, getting a no doubt satifactory answer from the chairman, in as much as he says "I'm not going to lock the thread just yet", and then deciding to debate what he means in his reply? Boy Oh Boy, you take the biscuit buddy.

Fareham Grecian

I bet you feel really good dont you, starting a debate about the validity of a thread, getting a no doubt satifactory answer from the chairman, in as much as he says "I'm not going to lock the thread just yet", and then deciding to debate what he means in his reply? Boy Oh Boy, you take the biscuit buddy.
Does this actually mean anything at all to anyone??

The only thing wrong with this thread is every post you have made. All utter and total ********.

flakey pasty

And he keeps bumping it ....... thought that was against the rules???

Grecian1966

The reason I am asking for the thread to now be locked is twofold. Firstly, no other player has a thread dedicated to personally question their performance. There have been many threads about e.g. Coles and Sercombe but they run their course and disappear until debate re-ignites the need; Secondly, this thread has long since passed debate about the player but has turned into 'other debate'.

Pete, may not like my reasoning but I suspect others have got as fed up with the tedium.

arthur

Interesting article in the Graun about this:

Paul Tisdale believes that Artur Krysiak's performances in goal have made him as valuable to Exeter City as Alan Gow or Tom Nicholls. Krysiak made a penalty save to deny Karl Hawley an equaliser in City's 3-1 League Two victory at Torquay and Tisdale says moments such as those are as significant as the contribution made by his strikers at the other end of the pitch.

Life in England has not always been easy for Krysiak since he arrived from Poland six years ago and there have been times when the 24-year-old has struggled to come to terms with the physicality of the Football League. Yet Krysiak has grown in stature, becoming increasingly dominant in his area when City are defending crosses and set pieces.

"Alan and Tom score big goals and win games for us, but Artur has won us big points as well," Tisdale said.

"I look round and he is one of five or six young players in the team who are going to be part of the next five or six years, and that means he can only get better. He was always going to get better."

"One of the hardest things to do is put a young goalkeeper in; he made a few mistakes, but we've stuck with him," Tisdale said. "He really trusted him and believed in him, and we are seeing the fruits of that. He is now turning into a man and getting stronger, and looking at the top of his game.

"He is getting used to the Football League and understanding what he has to do, he is coming and catching and taking things, sometimes that is what you have to do, you have to be brave. He is punching well too. He has done good work with Mel Gwinnett. The defenders have always trusted him because they knew the potential for him to get better was there."

Full article here