• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Artur - So far, so good?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spot on. Anticipation is how you look better. Nobody is going to anticipate a freak gust of wind. The same thing happened to Artur's fellow countryman, Artur Boric, yesterday. He too was done by a freak gust of wind having anticipated where he would normally expect to collect the ball.
If your talking about the goal the keeper scored, it was a totally different scenario. Boric made the mistake as you suggest of anticipating where he thought the ball would be AFTER it bounced. The one Art let in didnt bounce, it was a direct cross/shot from Holmes, which AK had ample time to line himself up for. There was no bounce to fool him, as was the case with Boric. The ball might have changed direction in flight, but there was no reason it should have gone over his head by 2 yards!

Bittners a Legend

Pete the wind didn't change the direction of the ball but it lifted it slightly and blew it at great pace over Artur. He really did have no chance. It was just a freak. The cameras might not show it but that was what happened.

angelic upstart

Don't waste your breath Bitts. Pate is on a wind up.

fred binneys head

Pate IS a wind up.

STURTZ

Remember that goal that Stanno scored to earn a draw with Millwall, wind blew it straight in from a very acute angle,

elginCity

but they wont have it.
Spot on, Pete!

blue walter

If your talking about the goal the keeper scored, it was a totally different scenario. Boric made the mistake as you suggest of anticipating where he thought the ball would be AFTER it bounced. The one Art let in didnt bounce, it was a direct cross/shot from Holmes, which AK had ample time to line himself up for. There was no bounce to fool him, as was the case with Boric. The ball might have changed direction in flight, but there was no reason it should have gone over his head by 2 yards!
I am a Pompey fan and I can tell you that our first goal was a total fluke. The player who scored admitted that it was meant to be a cross. I was on the North Lower Stand and I had a good view of it and I saw the ball change direction and go higher and there was nothing the keeper could have done. I thought at that stage we deserved to be a goal up anyway, fluke or no fluke.

Olivia's dad

Banned (PM)
Time we gave artur a new contract to keep him tied to the club,

DerrifordGreen

I'd say both Jake Cole and Luke McCormick are better keepers.

Grecian1966

I'd say both Jake Cole and Luke McCormick are better keepers.
Yea right of course they are .....................yawn(tmi)