• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Artur - So far, so good?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
You must be very proud Pete. A mass improvement over the last few seasons all because of your one to one training from all the way across the Atlantic.
Yep! And I dont charge, like Neville Southall does.

PeteUSA

So, whats the story of todays goal? I haven't seen it yet.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will have to see again but I wasn't too sure about him for their winner. Just didn't look right.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Patience I am sure you will pick the bones out of it

PeteUSA

Patience I am sure you will pick the bones out of it
I have to say HH that I'm not getting very good vibes about him conceeding a goal from a corner kick, I get the feeling Art didnt come out of the situation very well.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to say HH that I'm not getting very good vibes about him conceeding a goal from a corner kick, I get the feeling Art didnt come out of the situation very well.
No don't think it was his ball Pate the smallest guy on the park had a free header so whoever was meant to be marking him is at fault IMO.
The incident leading to the goal however, Coles gave away a needless corner but seems to be differing opinions on whether he got any sort of shout from Artur ?
You will be pleased to know Artur made a couple of very good saves during the game (y)

Grecian1966

No don't think it was his ball Pate the smallest guy on the park had a free header so whoever was meant to be marking him is at fault IMO.
The incident leading to the goal however, Coles gave away a needless corner but seems to be differing opinions on whether he got any sort of shout from Artur ?
You will be pleased to know Artur made a couple of very good saves during the game (y)
Of which the one at full stretch was exceptional

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's the thing though. No one was marking him, and no one was meant to be marking him. We defend corners zonally instead of man to man so more often then not, we're going to gift the opposition free headers while our players are flat on their heels marking space.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's the thing though. No one was marking him, and no one was meant to be marking him. We defend corners zonally instead of man to man so more often then not, we're going to gift the opposition free headers while our players are flat on their heels marking space.
I understand I was just trying to defend Artur (better than we defended the corner) before he got any sort of blame

Antony Moxey

Everybody stood still and let the guy at the near post glance home. Artur expected his defenders to put up a least some sort of challenge, but by the time he reacted (he was the only City player to move) it was too late. Sh*te defending, and entirely not Art's fault.