• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

argyle

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I find this astounding to be honest. Putting aside the detail of if you think the system is fair or not. It has been the case for about 8 years now that you have to be in a priority group to be 'guaranteed' a ticket.

£10 a year guarantees you priority status.
For that small amount I get trains booked, hotels booked, good pubs found, and generally some good company. Plus tickets to games. Cheap.

dommers

If it`s a general sale, no-one can get upset surely?
Of course you can. If it was on a first come first serve those who had to work at the time the tickets went on the sale would be very unlikely to be able get a ticket as there would be a very good chance that most would be gone before they were able to get to the ground or take time off to make phone call or log online (that assuming they have the internet).

dommers

Doesn't basically every club in the country have some sort of similar system. The big Premier League clubs who sell out every week charge supporters to join priority groups large amounts which will give them the opportunity to buy certain tickets. I presume the rest of the Premier League operate similar system, albeit cheaper.
They do. I tried to get a Wolves - Cardiff ticket a couple years ago as a neutral to watch on the way up to an away game although as I hadn't bought a ticket from them beforehand was unable to do so I am guessing in case I was a Cardiff fan trying to get in the home end.

It wasn't a sell out so I guess they lost money by adopting a similar approach to us.

Willy Nilly

If we had a 20k capacity it wouldn't be an issue.

We don't, so it is.

As always, anyone on here who really wants a ticket will get one.

Red Lion

Gutted......never had a season ticket but i have been to at least 10 home games each season since 1989 and some seasons like this season i have been to every home game , i have always managed to get a ticket for any game i wanted even if it meant queing for hours in the rain for man utd tickets etc but unless i have read wrong it looks like me and the others i go with will not be able to get tickets as the only database we are on is the ticketzone one and now that counts for nothing! a few other people i know are the same as me and have been to most or all home games this season but won't be able to go now even though they have bought tickets for wembley twice on ticketzone....surely if you are on the ticketzone database then you are not going to be a plymouth fan so why does this not count now?
I'm a bit confused by this, are Ticketzone not in charge of ticket sales for the gargoyle match?

Just read the other thread ignore me

Last edited:

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
It's more about the Trust member's loyalty to the club. Without the Trust there would be no club for any of the so-called disenfranchised to support.

Is it really so hard for the "average punter" to join at £2 a month or, failing that, the Supporters' Club at approximately 83 pence a month?

Circa 3,500 think it's worth being a Trust member and nobody forces them into it. Personally, I totally fail to see what the objection is.
Ask ********, he would be able to write a book on the subject:-O

UTC[ecfc]

ECFC Music

Doesn't basically every club in the country have some sort of similar system. The big Premier League clubs who sell out every week charge supporters to join priority groups large amounts which will give them the opportunity to buy certain tickets. I presume the rest of the Premier League operate similar system, albeit cheaper.

Outside of the top flight, any club faced with a game that is likely to sell out, will sell to priority groups first. Not unreasonably, at our club that includes trust members. If trust members (plus other priority groups) were entitled to 4 tickets each or some such, I'd agree with the moaning, as that would make it somewhat closed shop. It's one ticket per priority group, so I'd be very surprised if 3,000 tickets, or best part there of, don't go on general sale. You can't please everyone of course, but I fail to see that the system operated by City on such occasions isn't pretty reasonable. I think the Man Yoo home game is the only match in my living memory that my more fairweather mates (ie non-priority group) haven't been able to get tickets for.
You are right priority groups do apply elsewhere.I would think both Trust and Supporter groups would be pretty upset if they were not awarded priority and some may choose not to contribute to these groups thus losing the club revenue.
For those of you who do not agree what is your opinion of season ticket holders,should they get priority after all they probably spend less than the fan who pays every week on the gate ?
A free for all wouldn't work as there would be howls of protests from current priority groups who form a very large proportion of attendees.

EGTE

Season ticket holders have displayed their commitment to the club by forking out well in advance of the season even starting! They have paid for every home league match - whether or not (like myself this season) they cannot attend due to work commitments or other reasons. I've only missed two games this season due to work - but that is two games too many! The club has my money whether I can attend a match or not.
If a non-season ticket holder decides not to go to a game (perhaps due to work commitments, a slump in team form, unattractive opposition etc) the club looses that potential revenue.
I was fortunate to be able to afford a season ticket this year - next season I may not be so lucky. Please try not to be too hard on people who show their support differently than you do. ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm a season ticket holder. why do I need another?

ecfctis

I'm a season ticket holder. why do I need another?
Excactly!!