• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we now a mediocre conference team?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't believe you find this thread 'fascinating' Angelic. There are some very tired and uninteresting opinions from characters with clear agendas who are adding nothing to the understanding of our situation. It took me about 2 minutes to read in its entirety. It's quite obvious that a narrow defeat at league opposition will tell us nothing new about whether we're good enough to get out of this league, but some people are like a stuck record.

I believe we are a mediocre team,I think attitudes have changed and there is a distinct set of fans on here who have supported the club in the last 10 years which i would class as new age fans,and they are happy with the club,there is something definately wrong somewhere within,Can't blame Tisdale he only applied for a job and got it .I just wonder if he's overawed by Steve Perryman?also a post on here commented on players respect for Tis,i have played football at a reasonable level and when we had a manager who never really hit the grade as a player there was a sense of what does he know,but when someone who has been there and done it you do tend to take advice and listen,Also what is Steve Perrymans role he has had a fair few chances of grabbing the bull by the horns and giving it a go with his vast experience and player contacts which a few years ago he was happy to remind us all about but from what i can see to no avail,It would be nice to know what he earns from what i believe he gets expenses which can accumulate to £50k a year,money not well spent if that is the case,also a lovely top of the range motor,at this level of NON-LEAGUE football a director of football is not required and just let Tisdale do it his way without interference from a past player living on reputation getting all these young stars of the future at our club on season long deals NOT

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
i have played football at a reasonable level and when we had a manager who never really hit the grade as a player there was a sense of what does he know,but when someone who has been there and done it you do tend to take advice and listen,
Err, Tis has played Premiership and Champions League football in his playing days I believe.

Err, Tis has played Premiership and Champions League football in his playing days I believe.
Champions league are you sure? i thought he only ever played at Man City and Southampton and only a handful at that,if memory serves me right Man City and Southampton have never been in the Champions League

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

Tisdale NEVER played Champions League.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought he did for an overseas team?

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
I can't believe you find this thread 'fascinating' Angelic.
I can & I also find it fascinating. I also agree with the majority of his post.

Back to the Op.

Q. Are we mediocre?

A. If mediocre equalled a C grade, then overall the team just scrape C+ & the manager gets a C-. So I'll average it at a C grade.

Please, any pedants out there, don't bother to point out that a C can be construed as a pass mark.

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

I wont argue but I was pretty sure he hadn"t.

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

I can & I also find it fascinating. I also agree with the majority of his post.

Back to the Op.

Q. Are we mediocre?

A. If mediocre equalled a C grade, then overall the team just scrape C+ & the manager gets a C-. So I'll average it at a C grade.

Please, any pedants out there, don't bother to point out that a C can be construed as a pass mark.

Good post CD, an intelligent bloke who knows the score.

MikeB

Tis joined Greek side Panionios (remember them playing City at the Park in a pre-season friendly?). There he helped lead the Athens outfit to*the quarter-finals of the 1999 European Cup, where they eventually bowed out*at the hands of Lazio.