• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are the play offs out of the question?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
But if I had to bet on whether we would finish closer to the play-offs or to relegation, at the moment I would plump for the better option.
Without a doubt.

Good form follows an extended period of bad, eventually.

Big Ted

If we were to discover that wonderful thing called 'home form' that would certainly help with the next 3 games being at the park ( weather permitting ). 6 or more points from those would allow us to stop worrying quite so much about the other end. We shall see!

I'm certainly feeling much better tonight and I'm sure the players are too. As always, the next match is crucial!

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Playoffs are not an impossible dream. But let's just make sure we keep up the form and move away from the bottom two. Then we can start to wonder.

Grecian_Jay

Hahaha so typical of this site. Fickle and carried away opinions.

STURTZ

Ha, ha! It is this kind of thing that makes me puke!

We draw 3 and win one game and right away someone is asking if we can still make the play - offs. There is 9 points gap between us and Southend in 7th place. Similarly there is a 9 point gap between us and Torquay in 23rd place. We are as close to the relegation places as we are to the play-offs.

Personally, I have never thought that we would be in the mix for promotion. Nothing has happened to make me change my mind and I certainly won't on the basis of one win!

...and they say that the Americans* don't understand irony!

* and Grecian jay of course.

Last edited:

Greesh

Infamy! Infamy!

Red Devon

11 wins from the final 16 games would probably snatch a play off place....and with 10 of those games at home! stranger things have happened

FAN-TATIC

Although it sounds daft, it isn't.

Here is the League One table on this day back in 2011, the season in which we went on that great run to finish two places and a point off the play-offs.

View attachment 460

We are currently on the same number of points as 2011, albeit having played a game more. We were eight points adrift of the play-offs at this stage back in 2011, compared to nine currently.

You never know! [G]
Yeah you do! Based on the evidence that you have provided we ain't gonna make them play-offs.

AndyR

Great win Saturday but I'm still more worried about keeping away from the bottom. Starting from a lower base, if we collapse like we did at the end of last season, we would likely be relegated.

7 points from the next three home games would be a great step towards ensuring this doesn't happen and would also break our recent habit of losing or drawing with sh*te teams at home after promising away results.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Morecambe and Wycombes form has been crap like ours - there massive games those 2.

We wont go down , we wont make the playoffs.