• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are the play offs out of the question?

FAN-TATIC

Ha, ha! It is this kind of thing that makes me puke!

We draw 3 and win one game and right away someone is asking if we can still make the play - offs. There is 9 points gap between us and Southend in 7th place. Similarly there is a 9 point gap between us and Torquay in 23rd place. We are as close to the relegation places as we are to the play-offs.

Personally, I have never thought that we would be in the mix for promotion. Nothing has happened to make me change my mind and I certainly won't on the basis of one win!

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every time we have put in a decent away performance we've followed it up with a shower of ****e home performance.

Let's see if we can reverse the trend.

Greesh

You got a ULube link to your 'windmills'?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
It's just a bit of fun, FAN-T. :)

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are playoffs for relegation?Since when?

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Absolutely.

Still, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, ,,,,,,,,

unlikely.

FAN-TATIC

Accepted Rae. It made me laugh when I read the thread title.

Problem is that after a while these type of threads, which occur over and over again can be tiresome. Well, for me anyway.

FAN-TATIC

There are playoffs for relegation?Since when?
Yeah, 46 of them!:D

Ian Tarr

Out of the question? Probably, but maybe not quite.

You would think that the top seven places are all safely buttoned up. But we all know from bitter experience that a team near the top can fall away alarmingly.

Should that happen, then there is an opportunity for the team that would otherwise finish eighth to sneak into the play-offs. As things stand we are just three points away from eighth.

Whichever of the mid table pack does best from now on has a chance. Will that be us? probably not, but you never know. During the last four matches we have competed very well with three teams from the top seven. If this is the beginning of the upturn in form that we are all hoping for, then there's just a ghost of a chance that the season could have an exciting finish.

On the other hand, of course, we could tail off again and find ourselves back in the mix, scrambling to avoid the trap door.

But if I had to bet on whether we would finish closer to the play-offs or to relegation, at the moment I would plump for the better option.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although it sounds daft, it isn't.

Here is the League One table on this day back in 2011, the season in which we went on that great run to finish two places and a point off the play-offs.

L1 table 15.2.11.JPG

We are currently on the same number of points as 2011, albeit having played a game more. We were eight points adrift of the play-offs at this stage back in 2011, compared to nine currently.

You never know! [G]