• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anyone else hear Tisdale's Interview

Jim Shepherd

Really PfE?

I thought the atmosphere was intermittent at best yesterday.
Good at the start but indifferent for the large part.
If we, as supporters, expect 100% effort for 90 minutes from the players then, as part of the make up of the club then the supporters should too. Right?
The problem is there aren't enough people willing to start chants and we go very quiet when under pressure. A few songs when we get corners, throws, have a shot is reacting to what's happening on the pitch, not creating an atmosphere.
I thought Tis got it about spot on.

Apart from the MotM announcement. I thought the booing was for the decision itself, not for Harley's performance.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Even ignoring the "stupid question" that was put to him, it was clear from the start of the interview that Tis wanted to a have a pop at the home crowd and it`s percieved negativity.
I`m a big fan of our manager, but if thinks our team`s problems start and finish with a few nob-heads who gob off in the Flybe then I think he is mistaken.

Jim Shepherd

Even ignoring the "stupid question" that was put to him, it was clear from the start of the interview that Tis wanted to a have a pop at the home crowd and it`s percieved negativity.
I`m a big fan of our manager, but if thinks our team`s problems start and finish with a few nob-heads who gob off in the Flybe then I think he is mistaken.
He's not. He's saying we're all in this together and while he's doing ebverything within his power to keep the players and coaches positive the supporters need to be able to do that themselves and play their part rather than be openly frustrated at sometimes young and impressionable players and think about the effect their contribution is having.

He knows we have on field problems but just wants solidarity, unity and a bit of trust from off it. I think after the last 3 years, agree or disagree with some of his decisions, he deserves that.

tavyred

He's not. He's saying we're all in this together and while he's doing ebverything within his power to keep the players and coaches positive the supporters need to be able to do that themselves and play their part rather than be openly frustrated at sometimes young and impressionable players and think about the effect their contribution is having.

He knows we have on field problems but just wants solidarity, unity and a bit of trust from off it. I think after the last 3 years, agree or disagree with some of his decisions, he deserves that.
The problem for me is that I just don`t recognise the picture he (and Marcus Stewart a few weeks back!) is trying to portray of our support.
Football is an emotive game and it attracts a broad church of supporters be it moaner or happy clappers like me!
Tisdale is an accomplished user of the media and has used it in the past when dealing with problems in his playing squad I remember.
He is trying to protect his squad, many of them youngsters, but I don`t think creating a seige mentality between player and supporter is the right way to go about it.

Jim Shepherd

The problem for me is that I just don`t recognise the picture he (and Marcus Stewart a few weeks back!) is trying to portray of our support.
Football is an emotive game and it attracts a broad church of supporters be it moaner or happy clappers like me!
Tisdale is an accomplished user of the media and has used it in the past when dealing with problems in his playing squad I remember.
He is trying to protect his squad, many of them youngsters, but I don`t think creating a seige mentality between player and supporter is the right way to go about it.
He's not trying to create a rift between the two. He wants the fans to give unqualified support for the 90+ minutes we play each game. The example he gave of the audible disappointment at Dunne yesterday is a good illustration. (At least he gave an example).
Maybe he should offer to meet with the singers on the bank, have a kind of contract for the rest of the season. A clear the air meeting so we can all meet the run in head on with the same attitude.

grecIAN Harris

Tw o problems with the atmosphere today;
1) The flying plod. Firstly it drowned out any kind of noise being created by the supporters and two it was pretty distracting to the supporters.. Many around where I was stood on The Bank could see what was going on outside and were having their eyes drawn to it.
2) Playing towards the St James Road end in the second half. Most of the vocal noise is created by The Bank and is always a good 'pick me up' for the side in the second half when we normally going the right way (ie towards The Bank in the second half), the lads are getting tired and need that extra ounce of energy to get through to the end. When the game is down the other end, The Bank don't tend to react to what is going on as quickly or as vocally as you can't see what is happening so well. It looked to me like a contrived decsion before the match and one that, to some extent, backfired.

chunkymorrinmunter

on Radio Devon,

I heard it on the way home from the game, yet again he was having a prolonged pop at the home crowd, the guy needs to take a reality check, if he thinks our fans are harsh he has seen nothing
looks like the pitch escaped any blame this weekend , whos next?

Yeovilgrecian

It looked to me like a contrived decsion before the match and one that, to some extent, backfired.
Ian it was and I can't believe you are the only one to mention it (twice), have a think about the support over the last two games, I think the players have had enough and it was a statement.

Cravat

What a load of complete bollox tis has come out with. I thought our atmosphere was the best in a long time. Standind right in the singing zone the fans around me gave it the best they could, people boo because we were sh*te in some parts today!
Really? I thought the atmosphere was, perhaps unsurprisingly, very, very tense and quiet.

Now and again some noise would break out, but there as lots at stake and people were nervous.

I think things would have been very different if we had managed to get a second goal to make it 2-0.

Last edited:

arthur

I don`t think creating a seige mentality between player and supporter is the right way to go about it.
Absolutely. This is a colossal own goal and he needs to rise above this sort of thing if he is to have any hope of lifting the team and inspiring the players to realise their potential of finishing in around sixteenth to eighteenth place which they are more than capable of doing

Who is Tisdale's line manager? Perryman, Tagg? Someone should have a word with him as he could clearly do with some support. He is, as many have pointed out, relatively young and inexperienced.