• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anyone else hear Tisdale's Interview

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Answering the OP,I thought the interviewer acted like an unprepared d*ck.Didn't give any thought about how he was going to conduct the interview at all & consequently came up with the idiotic "Harley should apologise for missing a penalty" comment.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I havent got a problem with his personality being different to say a Dolan , not a problem at all , i dont care if he doesnt seem like cares which im sure he does , i dont care if he wants to have a cheeky pop at the fans for booing...

what i do care about is , that everyone can see we lack width , need a proven goalscorer and the squad is unbalanced , thats down to him , yet he doesnt seem to admit that perhaps he's got it wrong in terms of the squad this season....

Citysupporter2099

Evere since Tisdale joined he has always used bizarre tactics which make me question what the hell is he doing? In the past these bizarre tactics have worked, this season they have not. Tisdale is feeling the pressure. I thought that the crowd were better today at trying to make some noise for the team, although Tisdale seems to think not. I think this is the first time that we have actually heard Tisdale crack under the pressure.

exesaddler

I havent got a problem with his personality being different to say a Dolan , not a problem at all , i dont care if he doesnt seem like cares which im sure he does , i dont care if he wants to have a cheeky pop at the fans for booing...

what i do care about is , that everyone can see we lack width , need a proven goalscorer and the squad is unbalanced , thats down to him , yet he doesnt seem to admit that perhaps he's got it wrong in terms of the squad this season....
Maybe there is some truth there, especially the balance of the team after losing Gill etc.

The balance and a general lack of speed at this level always seemed a tall order at the start of the seaon to me.

dommers

Look guys I dont think anyone goes to SJP deliberately to berate the team, but we spend a lot of money going to games and yes we dont have a devine right to win.
Neither do I but I think some will latch onto any opportunity to moan.

grecoroman

I was shocked by how Tisdale seemed so deeply affected (adversely I mean) by yesterday. I was one who showed annoyance and irritation but didn't boo. I honestly didn't think any of it was over the top but its clearly got under his skin in a big way. I am not sure whether thats better or not than the way Stimson dealt with a similar thing at Gillingham - by giving as good as he got - although it seemed a bit undignified to me.

If the Manager is so clearly affected by the crowd's reaction its hard to see how the players will be immune from it. I think Tis needs to finder a thicker skin - and quickly - no time to be down in the dumps. We need some find some passion and fight quickly.

Look guys I dont think anyone goes to SJP deliberately to berate the team, but we spend a lot of money going to games and yes we dont have a devine right to win.
I may be mistaken and i apoligize if I am but if i'm correct you are the old guy in the old grandstand with the glasses who shouts every game without fail inane, pointless and stupid comments every match.

Are you the guy who shouts "it's a miricle" every time a player recovers from an injury because if you are your a *****.

Jim Shepherd

But it's not the effect on himself that he is talking about. It is the effect on his/our players.

He spends all week with them, working with them, motivating them, making them believe they are good enough for the task ahead.

Then some supporters appear to (want to?) undermine that work he does by making them feel they aren't good enough.
He just wants all of us with the same vision and belief that we can get out of relegation zone by May 8th. No more, no less. That means we may have to hold our tongues, be quietly instead of openly frustrated when attending games.
The players obviously know they are in a scrap and are not playing with the freedom they were (consistently) before christmas. The support has a massive effect on this and all Tis wants is for us to help rather than hinder.

In no other walk of life as a paying customer if someone made a mistake would we react in the way we do at football. Yes, the passion and the emotion make it the game it is but sometimes we all have to be a mit more thoughful about the implications of our reactions.

Cowshed Life

After listening to the BBC Radio Devon interview I feal rather down about things at the moment...

1. The manager...please please please stop blaming people and things. Just carry on doing the job. Ignore the outside noise and get on with it. You won't stop moans and boo's so stop trying too. The great managers just do their thing and listen to no one else. Do you think Sir Alex would listen to what farmer Joe shouts from the Flybe???

2. The players...some of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask the question...'Am I up for the fight?' Marcus Haber ran himself into the ground for the cause, you can see he just wants to play football. Guys forget about what you can get from the club and think about what you can do for YOUR club. Lets see a bit of the never say die spirt back in your game. Let's see some more club first body second play like Duffy's headed clearence yesterday..it's in your hands.

3. The fans...We all boo, we all cheer...it's football. One minute a player is the villian the next he's the hero...it happens. The infighting that was going on where I stand in the Big Bank was pathetic. The teenage chav factor is now becoming stupid. The t*ssers who couldn't stay quiet for a whole 60 seconds were a disgrace. A minutes silence for a man who lost his life is not to much to ask. I know we are all worried and fear the worst but lets just get behind the boys for the last quarter of the season. Oh and if you are going to take a drum to get things going you may need to bang it once in a while ^o)

We need to start again on Saturday @ Southend...time for the Red Army to march once more...see you all there...

Last edited:

Citysupporter2099

After listening to the BBC Radio Devon interview I feal rather down about things at the moment...

1. The manager...please please please stop blaming people and things. Just carry on doing the job. Ignore the outside noise and get on with it. You won't stop moans and boo's so stop trying too. The great managers just do their thing and listen to no one else. Do you think Sir Alex would listen to what farmer Joe shouts from the Flybe???

2. The players...some of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask the question...'Am I up for the fight?' Marcus Haber ran himself into the ground for the cause, you can see he just wants to play football. Guys forget about what you can get from the club and think about what you can do for YOUR club. Lets see a bit of the never say die spirt back in your game. Let's see some more club first body second play like Duffy's headed clearence yesterday..it's in your hands.

3. The fans...We all boo, we all cheer...it's football. One minute a player is the villian the next he's the hero...it happens. The infighting that was going on where I stand in the Big Bank was pathetic. The teenage chav factor is now becoming stupid. The t*ssers who couldn't stay quiet for a whole 60 seconds were a disgrace. A minutes silence for a man who lost his life is not to much to ask. I know we are all worried and fear the worst but lets just get behind the boys for the last quarter of the season. Oh and if you are going to take a drum to get things going you may need to bang it once in a while ^o)

We need to start again on Saturday @ Southend...time for the Red Army to march once more...see you all there...
Someone should clone you so we have 5,000 of you. You know what your talking about! I'll be following in your foot steps.