• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any whispers or rumours ?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kite was never really a first team regular under Taylor, doesn’t mean Taylor didn’t rate him though. Has Gary said he doesn’t rate him, or our we just assuming?
I think, when fit, he played every game last season under Taylor. Taylor said he could be a million pound player and that there was no one better at breaking up play, and gave him a new contract. Think he rates him. Caldwell tried to play him as inside right wing back to free up Key for to play on the left of a front three. That's why I find it easy to believe that Taylor will want him, Kite will want to go and that he'll be a different player if he actually arrives there.

dommers

How do you know it's the first opportunity?
You're quite right I don't but up until someone would have had to want buy him off us and I'm guessing we haven't had acceptable offers for him to seriously discuss contract offers.

I think, when fit, he played every game last season under Taylor. Taylor said he could be a million pound player and that there was no one better at breaking up play, and gave him a new contract. Think he rates him. Caldwell tried to play him as inside right wing back to free up Key for to play on the left of a front three. That's why I find it easy to believe that Taylor will want him, Kite will want to go and that he'll be a different player if he actually arrives there.
Was thinking he only played a handful of games in Taylor’s last full season. I didn’t say Taylor doesn’t rate him so non argument there really. I’m sure he would want to go and would be better there. I asked how we know Gary doesn’t rate him?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was thinking he only played a handful of games in Taylor’s last full season. I didn’t say Taylor doesn’t rate him so non argument there really. I’m sure he would want to go and would be better there. I asked how we know Gary doesn’t rate him?
I guess we don't *know* anything much, but I infer it from using him sparingly, often as a utility man, Kites game going backwards and his strengths not really exploited.

Taylors last full season was also Kites breakout season for us.

I guess we don't *know* anything much, but I infer it from using him sparingly, often as a utility man, Kites game going backwards and his strengths not really exploited.
I won’t argue he plays him out of position and shouldn’t, not sure that means he doesn’t rate him. He has played him plenty when fit.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think, when fit, he played every game last season under Taylor. Taylor said he could be a million pound player
I cant ever remember that being said?

jase 07

I cant ever remember that being said?
I remember him saying that at some point

dommers

I remember him saying that at some point
Doesn't say much though. Scott is a million pound player.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't say much though. Scott is a million pound player.
Believe it or not, before his career-terminating injury, when people were throwing £1M for Scott, he was actually probably a very good player.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kite was never really a first team regular under Taylor, doesn’t mean Taylor didn’t rate him though. Has Gary said he doesn’t rate him, or our we just assuming?
Of course it's an assumption.