• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another proud day for the academy

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
A rather special round of internationals for City academy graduates:-

Thursday - Ethan Ampadu becomes the youngest player ever to reach 50 caps for Wales

Friday - Jamie Reid scores on his international debut for Northern Ireland

Saturday - Ollie Watkins wears the number 9 shirt for England at Wembley against Brazil

Last night - Jay Stansfield wears the number 9 shirt for England U21s

(there can't be many times when the number 9 for England and England U21s have come form the same academy?)

grecIAN Harris

A rather special round of internationals for City academy graduates:-

Thursday - Ethan Ampadu becomes the youngest player ever to reach 50 caps for Wales

Friday - Jamie Reid scores on his international debut for Northern Ireland

Saturday - Ollie Watkins wears the number 9 shirt for England at Wembley against Brazil

Last night - Jay Stansfield wears the number 9 shirt for England U21s

(there can't be many times when the number 9 for England and England U21s have come form the same academy?)
I'm sure Rashford must have played for the u/21's when Rooney was up front. I'm pretty certain Shola Ameobi played up front for the u/21's when Shearer was around. Whether they were both wearing No9 you'd have to check but it's fair likelyhood.

JGrecian23

I'm sure Rashford must have played for the u/21's when Rooney was up front. I'm pretty certain Shola Ameobi played up front for the u/21's when Shearer was around. Whether they were both wearing No9 you'd have to check but it's fair likelyhood.
Rooney would have come from Everton's academy though.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And Alan Shearer came through Southampton's.

Colesman Ballz

Oh dear, oh dear. Shearer played with the amateur Wallsend Boys Club before joining Southampton on a youth contract ! :unsure:

grecIAN Harris

Of course.........🙄

grecIAN Harris

Oh dear, oh dear. Shearer played with the amateur Wallsend Boys Club before joining Southampton on a youth contract ! :unsure:
Having a mare here, aren't I? Probably highlights the point better that I'm struggling to get to players from the same team at the same time never mind to from the same youth system.

STURTZ

Having a mare here, aren't I? Probably highlights the point better that I'm struggling to get to players from the same team at the same time never mind to from the same youth system.
How about Denis Violet and Bobby Charlton?

grecIAN Harris

How about Denis Violet and Bobby Charlton?
You're old enough to remember that, I'm not.............😜

iscalad

You're old enough to remember that, I'm not.............😜
Your loss🤭