• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another proud day for the academy

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Heading towards/will we make it to 500? I think there's been 68 first team games since then (December 2022) in all competitions, all with at least one academy graduate starting. Is it about 8 years for this record?
I think potentially that could be ended on Sat as Chieck may be rested in place of Aimson. Let's hope Sonny starts again as not sure Eisa warrants a start

I think potentially that could be ended on Sat as Chieck may be rested in place of Aimson. Let's hope Sonny starts again as not sure Eisa warrants a start
My thoughts as well. As Cheik appeared to lose it a bit when subbed I think he will be rested.

tom_ecfc

Cox will start, all will be ok 😊

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's also a chance Alex might come back in for Zak.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheick was angry at being subbed at the weekend. Gary will like that. My money is on him starting at Peterborough.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheick was angry at being subbed at the weekend. Gary will like that. My money is on him starting at Peterborough.
He will like it if Chieck was angry at his performance and has re doubled his efforts in training. He most definately won't like it if it was anger directed at the manager for having taking him off. The trouble is we can only speculate and only Chieck could say which of those is the case. When Sparkes showed anger at being subbed it didn't end well

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
He will like it if Chieck was angry at his performance and has re doubled his efforts in training. He most definately won't like it if it was anger directed at the manager for having taking him off. The trouble is we can only speculate and only Chieck could say which of those is the case. When Sparkes showed anger at being subbed it didn't end well
Different players with VERY different attitudes. I trust Cheick will have channelled his anger and frustration appropriately.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
GC needs to learn how to properly manage our x academy players or they will all walk away and leave us with a very expensive replacement process - academy produced player are relatively cheap but need nourishment NOT punishment !
Anyway following the online interview with GC from his posh HQ home our lads will be free of the GC / Parks influence so King Kev might be able to renew the confidence of our x academy players just in time for the Posh.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
GC needs to learn how to properly manage our x academy players or they will all walk away and leave us with a very expensive replacement process - academy produced player are relatively cheap but need nourishment NOT punishment !
Anyway following the online interview with GC from his posh HQ home our lads will be free of the GC / Parks influence so King Kev might be able to renew the confidence of our x academy players just in time for the Posh.
He sure does. If he doesn't start picking them they will all leave. Wait...doesn't that apply to all players? In which case, why have more than 18?

Bridgy 81

I didn’t see Chieck’s response to being subbed on Saturday, but I’ve read about it.
I’m not a fan of players displaying public shows of disagreement or frustration against their Manager.
I prefer the concept of controlled aggression on the pitch, where it counts and matters.
Kicking a bottle, or similar, on the touchline is pointless, unnecessarily disrespectful and whilst playing to the crowd is likely to come back to bite you.