• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another £85,000 to fund "operational costs"

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there actually any evidence that the McCanns did anything more serious than leaving their children unattended ?
I'd say it's pretty serious that they left their kids unattended as it is, and that seriousness is further compounded by the fact that their negligence directly led to the disappearance and possible death of one of their children.

Alistair20000

I'd say it's pretty serious that they left their kids unattended as it is, and that seriousness is further compounded by the fact that their negligence directly led to the disappearance and possible death of one of their children.
I don't disagree with that at all and my question was not meant to imply that their negligence was a minor matter. My point is whether there is something more than negligence and whether there is any evidence for some of the suggestions and inferences being made on this thread and elsewhere.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Case closed by the looks of it .....

https://www.********.com/view?i=0e4_1493759457&comments=1

Who would have thought it was Clement Freud !

I always thought he had the look of alien.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Just seen a documentary on the McCann case on CNN. I think they are totally innocent of any crime other than extreme negligence, which I'm sure they regret every single day. There has never been any evidence at all to indicate that they were involved in any criminal act, and all they have done is to do everything they can to get their daughter back. They had difficulty conceiving and resorted to IVF, so why would they want to hurt their child?
To have your child taken from you and then to be accused of a criminal act against her must have been dreadful.
Negligent yes, but that's it.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't believe CNN (Clinton News Network) if they said it was Sunday !

As before lets have a live interview with non pre arranged questions and then you'll see the difference.

I still say more people in the country think they have something to hide than those who think the opposite so if they have nothing to hide lets have them both wired up to a polygraph (although not 100%) would still give closer truthful answers to the 47 questions they responded with "no comment" .

IndoMike

I wouldn't believe CNN (Clinton News Network) if they said it was Sunday !

As before lets have a live interview with non pre arranged questions and then you'll see the difference.

I still say more people in the country think they have something to hide than those who think the opposite so if they have nothing to hide lets have them both wired up to a polygraph (although not 100%) would still give closer truthful answers to the 47 questions they responded with "no comment" .
If they have something to hide they must be incredible actors. Why think they're guilty when there's no evidence at all to indicate that?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If they have something to hide they must be incredible actors. Why think they're guilty when there's no evidence at all to indicate that?
Its not hard to be an actor ....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/apr/28/austria.internationalcrime

Just depends on well you want something not to be found and his own wife didn't know.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Its not hard to be an actor ....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/apr/28/austria.internationalcrime

Just depends on well you want something not to be found and his own wife didn't know.
Yes, i know these things can happen and it's a terrible thing. I'm not justifying anything, of course, I'm just saying that there is no evidence at all to connect the parents to the crime. There is no reason why the cops would cover for them. They were doctors, not members of high society. And we know from Hillsboro how the sensationalist press can cynically play around with the truth.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Beg to differ with the "not high society" tag ..... when they have among their inner circle people like ....

http://gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/POLITICIANS.htm

What's the old saying again .... Make the lie big , Make it simple , Keep saying it and eventually people will believe it.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/madeleine-mccann-government-gives-police-£154000-to-extend-search-for-missing-toddler/ar-AAszYND?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=UE07DHP

Another £154,000 being put up by taxpayers.

Think its time to call an end to this bottomless pit of cash unless some real evidence is found.