• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anfield

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tis knew that about 6,000 people had made the effort to get up there, most of whom were expecting an entertaining but likely significant loss. I have always been a bit of a tinter at heart but when I saw that line up it was a bit of a hammer blow
I think you are confusing "tis" with someone who gives an excrement about what 6000 paying customers think

oldschool

As others have said gutted when I heard the team news but just confirmed what I have thought for long time Paul Tisdale = SSOC

fred binneys head

#stillfuming

STURTZ

Stood in a pub near the ground, well up for the match, high spirits even thought we could snatch it. My hopeful anticipation sank during the time it took for our team selection to scroll across the bottom of the huge TV screen, each name just darkened my mood until I was left with black gloom.

At least I didn't expect anything I suppose.

ForeverECFC

Massive anti-climax to end the cup run, the prospect of West Ham at home was outta sight before kick off

Oldsmobile-88

I go to most aways, but felt I dodged a bullet on that game (the other one I dodged was the postponed game at Morecambe due to a minging hangover)...I am not one to go for the 'occasion' & was annoyed we did not beat Liverpool at SJP.i felt flat at the end of that game & that had a bearing on me not travelling
From what I saw on TV it was a non event for the Grecians football wise..Loads of crap in the media about making money,which may have made the management take their eye off the ball about putting in a decent performance on the field.

In response to the op..Yep,a joke selection,but not a surprising one.

rp42

As others have said gutted when I heard the team news but just confirmed what I have thought for long time Paul Tisdale = SSOC
Give us a clue then? SSOC.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Worst moment of the season was entering Anfield whilst checking my phone and seeing the lineup. I was beyond annoyed.

No point looking back at it though, I guess.

STURTZ

That team selection was the lowest point of my season.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The replay was tactically inept.It was obvious that Liverpool would play the youngsters and the only way we could counter that was to match it with energetic players. We didn't do that and paid the price with makeshift reorganisation at halftime. I think it highlighted the rigidity of having the plan set in stone too early. Having said all that,we should have finished them off in the first match,but didn't have the personnel to cover the inevitable substitution of Ribs & Noble.
Another factor in all this was the sale of Nichols. He should have started in the replay. Compare how much of his transfer fee have received so far with the income from a cup tie against West Ham. Another black mark against Tis has to be the slow realisation that Watkins was good enough for the first team.The goal in an earlier round was enough for the fans.