• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An honest view of the game?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, I think he is.
You are really bored aren't you ?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are really bored aren't you ?
About one sixth as bored as you've been since April 2004.

Poultice

About one sixth as bored as you've been since April 2004.

Shirley there must be a glass ceiling.

whiteox

Oh come on, he took over when Barnsey finally got shoved leaving you rock bottom with a twelve year old playing in goal and two bob in the bank. Not only did he save you last year from an 'impossible' position but this year has moved you on to mid table status, bit of respect Shirley ?
I'll give you that. He did well to keep us up last season. It wasn't pretty, but he kept us up. His ego got the better of him from then on though and despite always saying how he's a Tranmere fan, he refuses to do what's best for the club and walk.
Over the summer he rammed the squad list with duff signings (making the budget argument invalid) and every game sets up a clear 451 with poor Enoch stranded regardless of the opponent, hence why we've lost 1-0 at home to Yeovil, Hartlepool and Notts County this season. When all were on the back of defeats and we're at home in a 6 pointer, he sets us up to defend the point we start with
As the season wore on he started to come up with classic quotes such as "We won the second half", after a 3-1 defeat at Yeovil who were bottom at the time when we scored an 89th minute penalty and after yesterday he's now talking about promotion next season!
We've got one of the leagues most talented players in Dale Jennings yet his tactics just send the ball right over the lads head and he never gets the ball to feet. He also keeps proper footballers like Andy Robinson on the bench and plays centre backs in centre mid and usually the 3 in the centre are all defensive-minded.
People always use the budget excuse but is it an excuse? Look at yourselves, Orient, Brentford, Rochdale, Hartlepool and a few others, all with similar budgets and the later 2 with much smaller ones, how come theyre holding their own? Because they have a MANAGER. The press will then use the Nigel Adkins argument about a physios path to management but Nigel played professional football. He knows the game. Les has heard team talks, rubbed plenty of deep heat onto sore thighs and wrote some quirky and cliche-filled programme notes but knows owt about football

We've got a really good squad this season and with a proper manager our fans genuinly feel we could be challenging for a play off place.
Unfortunately the physio is hindering any progress we could make and we're only approaching the top half due to 3 wins in the last 5 games. Before then we hadn't left the relegation battle all season and were in the bottom 4 for a while. Still. Les will call it progress and say his most used catchphrase; "We can take a lot of positives from this".
It's good, but it's not right

iscalad

Chill yer bean, lad
Our pitch is terrible, yeh. There's a reason our away record is better than our home one.
The Jennings challenge on the keeper? Behave mate, you were about 100 metres away. It was a 50-50. A foul, yes. But not exactly GBH.
Dale on Tully? You should be more worried about how he tore him a new one all afternoon rather than one (again) 50-50 challenge. 'Studs up' doesn't mean a red card, much to the contrary of what sky and idiots who believe sky say and think

You have been better over the course of the season. Like I said, yesterday was our first 4-0 home win for 6 years. We're terrible at the moment with a physio who has no idea at all and a chairman who is equally as inept. Yesterday was the best we've played under him since he came in 18 months ago so as if I'm going to gloat. I just came on here to see if anyone agreed with the lad who wrote the report because I certainly didn't

A deal for Les? We'll pay you to take him away if you want
I'll admit I was not at the game.
What would anyone from Cornwall know about football? ( A few notable exceptions) They all follow Argyle. Write to the paper and abuse them.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
I'll admit I was not at the game.
What would anyone from Cornwall know about football? ( A few notable exceptions) They all follow Argyle. Write to the paper and abuse them.
Or get a copy of the paper and use it to wipe your arse! Environmentally friendly or what!

StroudGrecian

Over the summer he rammed the squad list with duff signings...
Les is sh*te.

But wait...

We've got a really good squad this season...
Seems Les has done wonders to turn a load of duffers into a really good squad.

Let's face it Oxey, you took against them shorts, and now you cannot let it lie.

FAN-TATIC

Looks like our fans are adopting the morninc approach of Wenger. Teams can play however they bloody want. It is up to us to adapt to coping with sides like this rather than give up and say "ah well they were physical". You do what you have to do win, Tranmere played hard, so what.
Spot on GJ! I was there and quite frankly it was obvious that we did not have a clue on how to deal with them. They must have had half a dozen speculative long shots on goal before the lad tucked away the opener. Did we spot it early on and close him and others down, no. We got what we deserved. Continuously pumping high balls up to the lanky (or so you might think) Cureton and O'Flynn clearly
wasn't going to be the answer.

Good teams sus out the opposition and adapt accordingly. We didn't, we just kept doing the same things over and over again.

Still come Saturday we will be back on our superb pitch now it has dried out and free flowing football will prevail.......... Won't it?

Last edited:

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Spot on GJ! I was there and quite frankly it was obvious that we did not have a clue on how to deal with them. They must have had half a dozen speculative long shots on goal before the lad tucked away the opener. Did we spot it early on and close him and others down, no. We got what we deserved. Continuously pumping high balls up to the lanky (or so you might think) Cureton and O'Flynn clearly
wasn't going to be the answer.

Good teams sus out the opposition and adapt accordingly. We didn't, we just kept doing the same things over and over again.

Still come Saturday we will be back on our superb pitch now it has dried out and free flowing football will prevail.......... Won't it?
You change with the wind to fit in with your Exewebby chums...can you ever be taken seriously again.....:mad: