• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Amir Khan can

Tinballs

Superb performance from Khan, with or without the head injury, Barrera would have lost. Khan was awsome, bring on Marquez !!!

Last edited:

Tinballs

Can't say I'm surprised at the lack of comment on here about last night's fight, Khan answered all his critics by totally out boxing the legend that is Barrera. If you didn't see the fight, don't be fooled by the 'I wuz headbutted' excuse given by Barrera, cut or no cut, Khan boxed his ears off! He was too, big, too fast, too accurate for the old warrior. I can only see Amir Khan getting better and under Freddie Roach, he has improved so much since the Prescott defeat that I'd take him to beat any one put in front of him.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Glass jaw.

He was put in the ring with someone up and coming who was decent and had his head knocked-off. (Breidis Prescott)

Barrera is about 60.

Next decent one he goes up against, world-class like, he'll get knocked out again.

He's not good enough.

Last edited:

Ian_Woodward

Glass jaw.

He was put in the ring with someone up and coming who was decent and had his head knocked-off. (Breidis Prescott)

Barrera is about 60.

Next decent one he goes up against, world-class like, he'll get knocked out again.

He's not good enough.
thats b*ll*cks. he was brilliant last night and is a totally different fighter now he's with roach.

everyone expected too much from him too early because of the olympics. he does have a dodgy chin but many fighters have had good careers with a bad chin and with his defence looked top last night, plus he's probaly got the fastest hands in boxing right now, even quicker then manny.

Herschel

thats b*ll*cks. he was brilliant last night and is a totally different fighter now he's with roach.
Didn't see it, so can only comment on all the fights up until the latest one (I saw all of them).

If that's the case, that Roach has sorted out his defence, then fair enough and, if he can keep his dodgy chin out of the way at the same time, I'll be happy to see him win a World Title and whatever else comes his way.

I need to see the fight now, cos until then I still have the view that he's not good enough. :)

I will be very interested to see him fight someone of the calibre of, say, Manny.

Was reading that Khan wants a rematch with Prescott - that I would pay for.

Last edited:

TimG

Was Well pleased with his win thought he completley dominated him was a really good performance. But still will be interesting when he does come up with against someone real world class

Herschel

Watched it last night.

f*ck me, if anyone thinks Khan would have dominated so much WITHOUT the cut on Barrera's forehead, they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Sure, Khan looked better defensively and looked sharp, but christ on a bike, Barrera had one eye for 4 rounds until it was stopped!

It's a joke to suggest he "dominated"; I'd wager I'd have had half a chance with Barrera only being able to see out of his right eye........

It was accidental, so I don't agree with the headbutt allegations, no way; but still, wait until Khan comes up against someone who will truly test those improved defences.