• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Amir Khan can

Happy now?
Happy I never paid £14.95 to watch that! Shocking defeat I know, but I still think he has what it takes. Time will tell. Prescott had a good record going into this fight, with 14 Ko's, most against tough Columbians I expect.

Full 'english' for me this morning, not humble pie! ( just yet)

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
. . . I wonder if Sky would consider across the board refunds?!?!?
Rather the opposite, they were still advertising the fact that it was available on Box Office this morning, straight after the fight report on SSN!

Ian_Woodward

Happy I never paid £14.95 to watch that! Shocking defeat I know, but I still think he has what it takes. Time will tell. Prescott had a good record going into this fight, with 14 Ko's, most against tough Columbians I expect.

Full 'english' for me this morning, not humble pie! ( just yet)
He aint got a chance of a world title, he'd get battered by the Diaz brothers, Campbell etc. I still like Khan and think he's talented (obviously) but a WBC/WBA belt aint gonna happen.

It's not that his chin is bad. Those shots yesterday would have knocked most people out, his defence is what lost it. Gotta love Warren having his biggest 2 fighters beaten in one night, leaves him with Audley Harrison haha

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
He aint got a chance of a world title, he'd get battered by the Diaz brothers, Campbell etc. I still like Khan and think he's talented (obviously) but a WBC/WBA belt aint gonna happen.

It's not that his chin is bad. Those shots yesterday would have knocked most people out, his defence is what lost it. Gotta love Warren having his biggest 2 fighters beaten in one night, leaves him with Audley Harrison haha
He's still a very young lad and is obviously a decent fighter. If he can work on his defence then he can rule the world.

portland red

Wrong match up by Warren and wrong tactics by Khan!! Looked every bit the novice last night. Hate to say it but that has been coming for a while, I like Khan but he will never compete with the best in the division, perhaps he'll focus on who's in front of him rather than daft talk of a fight with Hatton from now on!!
As for matey, he looks like he packs a punch, one to watch out for in the future!!

manc grecian

Best sporting footage i have seen in ages. I have been waiting for ages for someone to smack his his hideous c*cky grid really hard.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know who to blame for this one really. Warren seems to want to blame the new trainer, but they he could be trying point the finger of blame away from himself. The new trainer should have started to work on Khan's defence from day one. Khan got everything wrong ahead of the fight, and in the ring his tactics were amateurish.

Any fighter that is prepared to offer up a defence like that will undoubtedly get punished against anyone who is fast, strong, and dominating. Lets face it Khan has been lucky that his past fights haven't been against 'big' hitters, and often his speed has overcome some of the weaker challengers.

Prescott looks impressive, and his record speaks for itself. Will he go on to challenge some of the big names in this division? Personally I think he will get found out when he comes up against the likes of Campbell, Pac-Man, El Cepillo, et al, all these fighters won't give him half the room that Khan did. They will be quite happy to play the waiting game, and take their chances when they are presented.

Will Khan go on to be a world champion? If he goes back to the drawing board and works on the obvious, then within two years he might stand an outside chance. This division right now is loaded with some exceptionally good fighters.

LOG

International

Well-known Exeweb poster

greengob