• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adrian Edmondson:independent collumn

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had a celebrity fan once. He was called Uri and he was an arse.

As such, let's be mean to all fans who may, in some way, be considered celebrities just in case they, like Uri, turn out to be arses.

Equally, we had a crap manager once, he was called Neil (funnily enough), so we should be mean to all our managers. Oh, and we once had a crap player, he was called Neil too, so let's be mean to all our players...

Mr The-Paper. Well done for spotting the dangers of Uri, but I feel you've let yourself become too damaged by him. Ade bought his season tickets, he's done the away terrace stuff, he's helped the club out with some MC work, let's risk getting hurt again and welcome him as a fellow Grecian, eh?

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Decent enough article.

Though not sure I'd call Edmondson a "Celeb" these days anyway, he's just a balding, podging, ex-TV star who has retired to the country, isn't he ?! ;) Ok, he might be trying to puff up his pension a bit now, and pushing himself in the limelight a bit more than he used, but still... ;) He'd be better off setting his missus off on some sort of rallying, or touring car thing if you ask me, she'd earn a few quid trying that ! ;)

Seriously, seems a top guy, and cannot be compared in anyway to Geller and co'. Whats the guy to do, give up his entire past and name, just so he can watch ECFC ? He follows City, home and away, (not just the local games by the looks of it), pretty unfair comparision I think.

exeweb

Administrator
I have to say you are a long way wide of the mark on this one. I have seen him regularly at away games always sat in the away end with the fans, whilst I am certain he could be in the Directors box.
I've got to agree with paps here. Whenever I've seen Ade at a game, I've seen him being a fan, not a "star". The photo used in that Independent story was from the game away at Ebbsfleet last season. We were stood quite close by and there was no difference between him or anyone else stood near us. I've seen him on various stations waiting for trains after evening games. I am convinced that he isn't quite the kind of celebrity fan, Red the Paper fears he could be.

He seems an unassuming bloke and, as such, I leave him to support City in the way he sees fit. To me he is no different to anyone else at a game.

I think that article is honest, as Oli says. He is not afraid to admit that he became interested during a couple of of our bigger games and that he's had an affection for Chelsea for many years. Also the fact that he wasn't eligible for a ticket for that Man U game looks good for the club and equally, that he didn't pull the old "do you know who I am?" routine reflects well on Ade.

To me he seems a genuine bloke who is proud to support his local team. I don't think he rams it down people's throats in the same way Geller did, but when asked he is proud to say that he supports Exeter City.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
So, as Mr ExeWeb "loses" his article in our local paper, Mr Edmondson gains one in a "national!!!

Where's the justice in that, eh??? ;)

tisdale 1

Resigned
seems a top bloke he is not stuck up,couldnt get a utd ticket didnt kick up a fuss he understood why,he pays is way at the club like everyone of us.A member of the trust like us as well.

the only different is he is famous. i am sure there are alot of fans that joined because of the utd games or wembley.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely, the big question is, does he post on ExeWeb? And, if he does, what name does he go under? Who knows, he may even have contributed on this thread! ;-)

ECFC TOM

Surely, the big question is, does he post on ExeWeb? And, if he does, what name does he go under? ;-)
I believes he posts under the name ''ECFC TOM'' [tap]

If he did post on here, he would probably want to keep his identity unknown. I wouldn't balme him.

chrisnaan

I wouldn't have thought he posts or even reads Exeweb. He would be fully expecting to be judged to be a fake.

Geller wearing City shirt on I am Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here = Edmondson wearing City shirt in Africa. Quite a good comparison really.
Your absolutely right they did both wear city shirts, but thats pretty much where the similarity ends. Geller was on the celebrity whore program "I'm a celebrity" and Ade Edmondson was playing football at some charity thing. I didn't personally see either, but its somewhat less surprising to see someone wearing a football shirt while playing football.

Swanaldo

Does he post on ExeWeb?
There's a poster called eddie_hitler, isn't there. Co-incidence???

Pete Martin (CTID)

There's a poster called eddie_hitler, isn't there. Co-incidence???
I think so.

eddie_hitler is a big mate of Chalk1e I believe, so he would know.