• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adrian Edmondson:independent collumn

flakey pasty

I thought it was a really good piece.
Ade is certainly a Grecian!

pete_h

I am consistent in my despising of all our so called Celebrity Fans. There are many on here who loved Geller, Jackson, Blaine and even Russell & Lewis were heroes to the uninformed, many who now follow our newest "Celeb Die Hard".

Surely you can see the difference between the reasons Gellar et al were attaching themselves to the club and the reason Ade Edmondson BUYS a season ticket and PAYS to be a member of the trust. He is going to matches because he enjoys watching his local team, not for some money or publicity-driven motive. And to suggest that that is the case is quite offensive.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
A very good article imho. There can't be many who have given up watching Chelsea to follow City.

Like RtP I am always sceptical of "celebrities" attaching themselves to the club. but Ade is different. He never tries to be c*cky or even to be noticed when he is at SJP. If we didn't know who he is he would just be another facelss guy in the crowd (like the rest of us). He was excellent on Kellows Bootlaces last season.

The jury is out on the Good Shepherds though. *-)

thonk

Ok, Red you not a jerk.

You're a jerk who's been supporting the club since age 6.

:)

Red the Paper

Banned
He has a season ticket at the Park, has given the club some great exposure on television (I remember him wearing his Todd shirt in Africa playing football). Has appeared at charity events FOC.

To compare him to Geller and Jackson is frankly laughable!

Paps
Geller wearing City shirt on I am Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here = Edmondson wearing City shirt in Africa. Quite a good comparison really.

I wasn't one of the 9000 who went to see Geller and Jackson embarrass the club at the Park. Paps, I don't think you are the type of person who fell for that either. I just want to be sure those that worship our new celeb fan weren't the same lonely souls who fell under the Geller/Jackson spell.

Many of those who now slag off Geller/Jackson on here I am sure were singing their praises back in the bad old days.

I remember watching City lose 2.1 away at Shrewsbury when Geller walked through the away car park and was shaking hands with our fans when he came to my car. He put his hand through the window to shake hands and as one we all told him to f*ck off and find another toy to play with.

Red the Paper

Banned
Ok, Red you not a jerk.

You're a jerk who's been supporting the club since age 6.

:)
Point accepted Thonk:)

Well-known Exeweb poster
AS far as im concerned hes more than welcome. The poor guy cant help being a celeb. Why the f-----c anyone would actually choose to support us, far less. painful options, but hey ho! more the merrier. I wont be around, but might be an amusing evening out if a few city fans go along to support the guy ,www.thebadshepherds.com a fellow city fan ect ect and or just give him a bit of stick, in the nicest possible way, but only on the understanding he wears his city shirt on stage!!

Along with the 2 other pieces, a great article. It was basically saying anyone who supports their local team can stand on their moral mountain surveying all those moribund, shallow and lemming-like 'supporters of MU,C,L,A.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Many of those who now slag off Geller/Jackson on here I am sure were singing their praises back in the bad old days.
I wasn't. I didn't even like either of them before their City "involvement". Both saddoes.

I remember watching City lose 2.1 away at Shrewsbury when Geller walked through the away car park and was shaking hands with our fans when he came to my car. He put his hand through the window to shake hands and as one we all told him to f*ck off and find another toy to play with.
Yes and I well recall the adulation and shouts of "URI, URI" from many of the City fans when he appeared in front of the away end at the FA Cup game against Charlton in 2003.

Imo Ade Edmonson is a totally different character.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
Quite an honest article - he doesn't have to admit to being a Chelsea fan who was only attracted by a relegation battle, and only attracted back by the Man Utd game.

I think we have every reason to be wary of celebrity fans but Ade isn't exactly milking it, is he?