• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Admission Prices for 2014/15

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a time, a year or two ago, when you said you wanted to join the Trust but couldn't afford the couple of quid a month it cost?!
Pow, right in the kisser!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Three issues there Lez that I feel need addressing. Point 1 in terms of Andy Cole is personal opinion. The effectiveness of the Trust Chair is dependent on what is deemed to be termed as success and surely depends on what you want/feel the Chair's role is? Andy seemed OK to me in the three years we were on the same BOS but inevitably you asked one person they give you another answer. You ask Taggy perhaps you get a different response to Dave Treharne or Roger Conway dependent on what matters - to me the only thing that matters is whether the Trust Chair is ensuring that the interests of 3000 members are paramount by adequate scrutiny and governance of Club Board decisions.

Point two about Taggy and resignation speeches is NOT an urban myth as you put it. It seems that because you haven't been in the same room that countless trustees over the past ten years have been in that it therefore is a myth propagated by those with sinister reasons. Just do a straw poll of say twenty ex trustees and you will find the same response - FACT.

Point three I find so worrying In can't believe you didn't delete it after re-reading it! You ask why the fan base weren't consulted about price changes to ST's and the crass decision to go headlong down the advance ticket route. In the recent past the Grecian Groups forum was heralded as the means with which to consult with supporter groups. Most businesses ensure that anything contentious, new products or a deviation from 'normal business' goes through focus groups or polling before going to launch. This is standard in normal business but to fail to consult in a business owned by the customers is frankly absurd. The reason it didn't happen can only be because the club had no alternative to what Wolfie proposed. This set of stupid ideas would have been kicked into the long grass had the club done what they should have done by consulting. The outcome will be that cash flow already perilous will become even tighter as potd fans will turn away in their droves and refuse to pay inflated gate prices in the same way that many of the fan base have refused to renew season tickets.

Tony B
Re andy cole - he wasn't perfect but he was the only person willing to take it on...he took it on when I joined the bos and would very probably not done so had others taken the option.

I was approached to do so but felt not living locally made it impossible..

anth_ecfc

Went online yesterday got some tickets. Paid slightly less then I did if I was POTG last year . To me I have no issue getting match tickets in advance . Suits me to do it that way .

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a time, a year or two ago, when you said you wanted to join the Trust but couldn't afford the couple of quid a month it cost?!
Yeah there was. Nice things, pay rises and changes in circumstances. And that year or two ago was more four or five at a minimum stretching back to nearly ten when my girls were little and constantly growing. And I also stated at the time I'd sooner put what money I had through the turnstiles. Jog on Egg.

manc grecian

Yeah there was. Nice things, pay rises and changes in circumstances. And that year or two ago was more four or five at a minimum stretching back to nearly ten when my girls were little and constantly growing. And I also stated at the time I'd sooner put what money I had through the turnstiles. Jog on Egg.
So what about people who find themselves in the same situation today?

grecIAN Harris

The fatal flaw is your position is the presumption that an increase in price (when the product remains dreadful and is arguably getting worse) will lead to an increase in revenue.

It won't.

Refer back to Bitt's excellent post for all the reasons.
At what point have I said it will make money? All I have is said is that something needs to be done to try and raise it and that the gate is the obvoius place to start. I haven't said it will be a successful way to try.

grecIAN Harris

Pow, right in the kisser!
Bob and weave Snakebite. He missed.

grecIAN Harris

So what about people who find themselves in the same situation today?
Your issues are what they are Manc (last known to me to be House Husband but that's going back a while. Has it changed I don't know) and you make your choices as I did back then. Do you complain so vehemently when your choice of supermarket puts the price of your favourite tin of spaghetti hoops up? I doubt it.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your issues are what they are Manc (last known to me to be House Husband but that's going back a while. Has it changed I don't know) and you make your choices as I did back then. Do you complain so vehemently when your choice of supermarket puts the price of your favourite tin of spaghetti hoops up? I doubt it.
I get annoyed when shops put prices up ridiculously in fact I remember a mass ad campaign with Tesco, how they were dropping their prices. I went in there and noticed that they had put the prices up to then drop them back to the original price. Did I complain? Of course I did! Added to that I stopped doing my monthly shop in tesco and even now I won't do a big shop in there unless they started getting cheaper.

Is it really the obvious way to bring in extra revenue? Only if you know the gates are going to increase. Which ain't gonna happen!

grecIAN Harris

I get annoyed when shops put prices up ridiculously in fact I remember a mass ad campaign with Tesco, how they were dropping their prices. I went in there and noticed that they had put the prices up to then drop them back to the original price. Did I complain? Of course I did! Added to that I stopped doing my monthly shop in tesco and even now I won't do a big shop in there unless they started getting cheaper.

Is it really the obvious way to bring in extra revenue? Only if you know the gates are going to increase. Which ain't gonna happen!
Do you know that? Do you know the kids aren't going to pull trees in the League as they did in the Premier League Cup last season which would pull in the crowds again? Of course you don't, so many ifs buts and maybes.