• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley vs Exeter City - Match Day Thread.

tallone

Returning to the iFollow thread.. I’m pleased with my annual subscription, but two improvements I would like to see, and am going to suggest it to them...
1) Commentary.. would help a lot of us in far flung places to identify the players.. if like me,haven’t seen them for a few years.
2) Full replays.. allow access without seeing the score first.. so much better watching not knowing the result. This is espeacially needed for mid week matches.. those of us in the Far East and Oz.. the games are on at stupid o’clock.. for those in the far west.. they are on during the working day.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decent point, still think there’s all to play for looking at Wycombe’s next two games.

UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Decent point, still think there’s all to play for looking at Wycombe’s next two games.

UTC
We just need to concentrate on our own results.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really good performance by City today just a pity could not match Wycombe to really keep the pressure on them.

Wycombe next two away to Lincoln and home to Accrington. Lincoln after losing away to Port Vale will be looking for maximum points to keep them well in the mix for the playoffs.

Notts County not out of it but can only get a maximum of 82 points.

Personally I would be surprised if Wycombe finished with less than 83 points and to pip them to the post we will probably need to win all four remaining games....difficult but certainly not impossible.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
We have to go all out to pick up six points this week in case Wycombe slip up. Would kick ourselves if we drop points and so do they.

It's a tough ask, however one Wycombe loss combined with a city win and it feels a lot different. Ideally we would need to pull five points in the next three matches so that its in our hands on final day, but if not we could still put pressure on them if say we were a point behind come 3pm on May 5th.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
291 City at the game. Thought it would have been more.

Legohead

Banned
'Exeter are the best side i've seen at the Wham this season.....'

Another very nice and much appreciated comment, this time from Cashman on their forum.

PeteUSA

Stockley, Please, no more set pieces, every effort that I can recall has sailed harmlessly over the bar. Who should it be ...Boateng?
From his reaction after Stockley skied that thing, I think it was meant to be Boeteng!

Spoonz Red E

Moore-Taylor when he's fit but the way Sweeney can stick a penalty away, I wonder what he'd be like at 25 yards?

Red Devon

It's a tough ask, however one Wycombe loss combined with a city win and it feels a lot different. Ideally we would need to pull five points in the next three matches so that its in our hands on final day, but if not we could still put pressure on them if say we were a point behind come 3pm on May 5th.
For some reason I feel we have more chance of 3rd place by being 4 points behind Wycombe rather than if we were 2 points in front of them...a lot of twist and turns to come...I hope!