• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you mean a plastic earth pin? A plastic neutral pin really would be useless.

Swanaldo

I once applied for a job as a banana ripener. More out of curiosity as to what the process involved than anything else, never did get a response.
As I understand it, bananas are kept in a controlled environment so that they don't ripen until it's time to wake them up and send them to the shop. Something to do with nitrogen levels.

Colesman Ballz

Do you mean a plastic earth pin? A plastic neutral pin really would be useless.
Doh ! Yes of course ! (tmi)

Grecian2K

Something to do with nitrogen levels.
So disappointed in you Swanny - I would have expected far more from someone with your obvious intellect.

FFS, It's ETHYLENE (C2H4 - and not a nitrogen atom in sight) that hastens the ripening process. Pop your green banana in a brown paper bag to help nature take its course - in fact, add an already overripe old fruit actually speeds the reaction.
But why stop just there - ethylene is just the first step on the way to the fermentation process en route to proper, imbibable ETHANOL. So why not just let your 'nana' just carry on and decompose to a proper, sippable energy source?

Here to help

G2k

elginCity

That feckin band

Avening Posse

Finding a poppy in Oz......I will get there.....

fred binneys head

The 'Hampton by Hilton' advert where the couple are watching their team at an away game. They are dressed all in blue and white stripes, the fans around them are all dressed in blue and white stripes so the team they are following clearly play in blue and white stripes. That much is obvious and very clear.

Why then, when we are told that their team has just conceded the 7th (seventh - like Grandstand) goal, does the woman put the match programme to her face and the programme has blue and white stripes on it? They are at an AWAY game.

I can only think of the following reasons:

A) she has taken a home programme with her to an away game - maybe she didn't have time to read it at the last home game - likelihood: 2%

B) although they are the away team, the home team also play in blue and white stripes - likelihood: 5% (Huddersfield, who else? The away following is quite big - this isn't meant to be a non-league team)

C) the producer of the advert is not a football fan but they've been asked to write an advert about football fans to appeal to a large demographic in a really ill-thought through, generic, 'appeal to the masses' way - likelihood 93%

Absolutely fuming, here.

Last edited:

IndoMike

The 'Hampton by Hilton' advert where the couple are watching their team at an away game. They are dressed all in blue and white stripes, the fans around them are all dressed in blue and white stripes so the team they are following clearly play in blue and white stripes. That much is obvious and very clear.

Why then, when we are told that their team has just conceded the 7th (seventh - like Grandstand) goal, does the woman put the match programme to her face and the programme has blue and white stripes on it? They are at an AWAY game.

I can only think of the following reasons:

A) she has taken a home programme with her to an away game - maybe she didn't have time to read it at the last home game - likelihood: 2%

B) although they are the away team, the home team also play in blue and white stripes - likelihood: 5% (Huddersfield, who else? The away following is quite big - this isn't meant to be a non-league team)

C) the producer of the advert is not a football fan but they've been asked to write an advert about football fans to appeal to a large demographic in a really ill-thought through, generic, 'appeal to the masses' way - likelihood 93%

Absolutely fuming, here.
It's like when people write :

"although they are the away team, the home team also play in blue and white stripes ....."

Makes me mad!

LOG

Christmas adverts apparently being such a big deal. That John Lewis one is rubbish and full of plot holes.

Legohead

Banned
Christmas adverts apparently being such a big deal.
That John Lewis one is rubbish and full of plot holes.

Bit like most of the roads round my way tbf. (rofl)