• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

Bridgy 81

That''s right, as is the fact that Caarlisle, Burton and Fleetwood can't catch us.

And Port Vale and Cheltenham don't play each other in the remaining games. So we're still*not* mathematically safe yet. However, just one defeat for either Port Vale or Cheltenham and we won't be relegated even if we lose all our remaining games.
Well Port Vale will definitely have their required defeat incoming next Saturday when we play them, although they’ll probably lose sooner at Peterborough next Wednesday.

larrywilkie

Good for you. Can't argue with the league position but let's call a spade a spade and admit the football is as boring as it gets shall we. Good lad.
You sure know how to speak to people in the wrong way don't you. The word condescending springs to mind!!

Bridgy 81

Is this an opportune moment to inform/remind people that there’s an ignore option available on here?

larrywilkie

Is this an opportune moment to inform/remind people that there’s an ignore option available on here?
Thanks and will do. I did try that for a couple of months and will go back to it now.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but did we cross the threshold of being mathematically safe today?
There's still some on here that fear relegation

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good for you. Can't argue with the league position but let's call a spade a spade and admit the football is as boring as it gets shall we. Good lad.
The football today was excellent in parts both with and without the ball. Fast, one touch, skillful, forward thinking football with the ball, and pressing their back line with real intent without the ball to stop them from being so direct. Our goal also coming from the press.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The argument of whether you were right or wrong for being Caldwell in or Caldwell out is a stupid one. It was almost impossible to defend anything about us during our worst run in modern history. Of course many were looking at the manager and calling for a change. Yes, he's turned it around and sticking with GC now looks like it was the correct option but that's not to say those calling for his head were wrong, or those saying we should stick with him were right. If we go 3 months without a win again next season I'll probably want him gone.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it's easy to think someone is the messiah when things are going well and a clueless pr!ck when things aren't.

Things are looking good right now, but GC hasn't actually achieved anything with us yet, other than keeping us up.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The argument of whether you were right or wrong for being Caldwell in or Caldwell out is a stupid one. It was almost impossible to defend anything about us during our worst run in modern history. Of course many were looking at the manager and calling for a change. Yes, he's turned it around and sticking with GC now looks like it was the correct option but that's not to say those calling for his head were wrong, or those saying we should stick with him were right. If we go 3 months without a win again next season I'll probably want him gone.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it's easy to think someone is the messiah when things are going well and a clueless pr!ck when things aren't.

Things are looking good right now, but GC hasn't actually achieved anything with us yet, other than keeping us up.
GC has very comfortably kept us up and with my rose tints on are currently occupying a position a mere 4 places below our highest ever position.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
..... If we go 3 months without a win again next season I'll probably want him gone.......
Get on FB marketplace, currently loads of cheap secondhand pitchforks for sale !

JGrecian23

The football today was excellent in parts both with and without the ball. Fast, one touch, skillful, forward thinking football with the ball, and pressing their back line with real intent without the ball to stop them from being so direct. Our goal also coming from the press.
Good. I'm glad to hear it. Didn't go today so can't comment on today, only the games I have seen.