• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Carroll

Red Monster

My main peeve about Harley was his tendency to "disappear" for periods in games, especially away.

Otherwise I'd take him over Carroll any time. Carroll is a luxury we can't afford. Doesn't start many attacks or protect the defence, just meanders around. But he seems to be an automatic choice regardless of form or opposition.
There lies a big part of the problem Carroll doesn’t want to shoot
or usually past forward preferring one of our central defenders to
play the killer pass.
As a result we’ve scored 26 goals in 35 games, that’s criminal
and us poor sods who have witnessed our 18 home games
have seen a whopping 11 goals.

Bat Fastard

Five seasons at Swansea seems quite settled to me
quite itinerant other than that though, and generally a downward progression. Only score 6 and assisted 20 across his entire career…looks good but really not contributing much I’m afraid

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A lack of goals is just a high quality problem

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
quite itinerant other than that though, and generally a downward progression. Only score 6 and assisted 20 across his entire career…looks good but really not contributing much I’m afraid
Not sure what you're comparing it to as an average, but he's had 10 years split between Spurs and Swansea and 4 years (including this one) anywhere else. As I understand, his hip problems are what have sent him down the leagues.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
My main peeve about Harley was his tendency to "disappear" for periods in games, especially away.

Otherwise I'd take him over Carroll any time. Carroll is a luxury we can't afford. Doesn't start many attacks or protect the defence, just meanders around. But he seems to be an automatic choice regardless of form or opposition.
Struggling to find any stats for passes / successful passes, but at least he has a bit of a presence. Of course, I appreciate he’s only 18, etc, but you could easily have missed the fact Harris was actually playing yesterday such was his contribution [or lack of].

Simba3011

Struggling to find any stats for passes / successful passes, but he has a bit of a presence.
At least Harris attempts to be combative, I rarely see Carroll attempt to help break up play

crocks

I like it when he points to a player to tell them where to stand so he can then pass to the player in that exact spot.

I'd love a run of games without him to see if we played any different.
Got a feeling that our play wouldn't be as slow and ponderous

cambmike

Got a feeling that our play wouldn't be as slow and ponderous
Comparison has been with Harley. What about with Grimes, Gill and Noble who played deeper

Antony Moxey

Do we not want our players to try not getting tackled? Is that somehow too effete for us?
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying…🙄

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are modern day midfield roles the most misunderstood by football fans? Comparisons with Harley are like comparing John Terry with Ashley Cole.

not disagreeing that he's underperforming as I haven't seen games recently