• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wigan v Exeter City Match Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two OG’s followed by two deflections; our luck is finally changing.
Two penalties on Tuesday…
First one now credited to Cole, so not an OG

grecIAN Harris

It's amazing what happens when you've got a striker up front. Ready to accept the simplistic answer yet or are you all still looking for the 'deeper, more intrinsic' answer. What was it Shankley said........... something along the lines of 'Football is a simple game complicated by fools' I see you all with your 'Pep' jibes. We aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination and there will be days when the side and Caldwell will frustrate us to hell and back but the 'bad team' look so much better now the missing part has been fitted. ;)

Rosencrantz

It does look like we are back to early season form. For all that our attacking play is still very much under development, we do now carry more of a threat to be able to score. Crucially what does work more often than not is our defending, as it did early in the season. Every successful side is built on a firm base.

grecIAN Harris

It does look like we are back to early season form. For all that our attacking play is still very much under development, we do now carry more of a threat to be able to score. Crucially what does work more often than not is our defending, as it did early in the season. Every successful side is built on a firm base.
Do you not think that comes with the lack of constant pressure being applied on them and being applied to their opposite numbers?

Mid Devon Grecian

Another excellent result. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we look so much more solid defensively since Cheick came in and Jules is played in his strongest position.

Gives us a chance to get footholds in games and more freedom to express our attacking intent.

Red Devon

Well I certainly know the lyrics to the Mo Eisa song off by heart already :)

Exehausted

Two OG’s followed by two deflections; our luck is finally changing.
Two penalties on Tuesday…
The difference is we are making that luck by putting the ball into dangerous areas, and that's not luck, it's good attacking play. We hadn't been doing that.

STURTZ

I was thinking that, squeaky bum time didn't seem so squeaky when you know you have a defence capable of keeping so many clean sheets this season. Once two up we were home and dry!

happy clap.gif

Wonder what Chesterfield and Partick fans make of it all?

Grecian Max

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think we’ve won a game by more than a goal all season?

#smallmargins

Hopefully Mo will change that, looks promising

Grecian Max

It's amazing what happens when you've got a striker up front. Ready to accept the simplistic answer yet or are you all still looking for the 'deeper, more intrinsic' answer. What was it Shankley said........... something along the lines of 'Football is a simple game complicated by fools' I see you all with your 'Pep' jibes. We aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination and there will be days when the side and Caldwell will frustrate us to hell and back but the 'bad team' look so much better now the missing part has been fitted. ;)
Pep’s been cut so deep by exeweb 😂🎣

Status
Not open for further replies.