• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Mansfield Town Matchday Thread

dontpassback

I can't !!!!!
Typo error ,that’s what I meant !

GJW

Was the 50/50 won today? Didn’t hear the ticket number being called out at half time.

Andy_H

Was the 50/50 won today? Didn’t hear the ticket number being called out at half time.
Yes, a man from Exeter in think with an 06 number, but not me! It was £500+

Rog H K

As an aside, Mansfield were lucky one of their players didnt get a straight red early on. It was one of those shameful fouls you see every once in a while. Two players go down in a heap near the corner flag (and linesman) and as their player gets to his feet he quite blatently stands on the City players ankle, where untold damage could be done. Its an old trick where the defender gobs off, directly at the linesman face, thus distracting him from what he's doing with his studs! The linesman didnt see it, since he was too close, but the referee might well have; He didnt miss much.
Hope TV had it. We had a player booked at Stevenage for a foul after the game. If what you say is true he should be too

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Standing on Matt Jay was an accident after he was fortunate to not give away a free kick.

Corey

Standing on Matt Jay was an accident after he was fortunate to not give away a free kick.
To be fair he probably didn’t see him

Avening Posse

What a start to the season. it has even exceeded my normally slightly ridiculous optimism. I agree we have not quite gelled yet either, so I'm in the glass half full camp. Having played Crewe, Swindon and Mansfield and not lost any of them bodes well. Carlisle, Orient, Vale and Newport next up. I will be ecstatic if we can pick up 6 points from the next 3 games and go into the Newport game still top. By all accounts Newport are playing a bit like Lincoln this season, very direct and physical, and I expect they will do very well this season, and that has the makings of another big game. Loving it so far.......

Grecian2K

Crewe??????

Avening Posse

Crewe??????
Ha !, Sorry, I'm blaming the wine

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very nervy last 10 minutes. I was amazed that the Manager hadn't made more than the one change- I thought Sweeney was off the pace, and nearly gifted Mansfield what would have been an undeserved equaliser. I think the word for him is 'ponderous' both in physical action, but also in thought - you can almost see the brain asking the body 'What next?'. Some promising performances from Martin, Bowman and Sparkes -though my MOM would also have been Moxey. No matter what Pete Martin says performances need to be more clinical, with an urgency that is game long, rather than appearing in spasms. I have no idea what you would have to do on the field of play to get the linesman on the IP Office side to actively participate in helping to regulate the game. He was abysmal. Mansfield were a shadow of last years team and the Big Bank cry of 'DNB's' seemed quite appropriate. Onwards!
Sweeney is about two stone overweight.