• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Mansfield Town Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hopefully we'll obtain 3 points today to cement our spot at the top of the table!

UTC

Avening Posse

Big game. And possibly a good time to be playing them with their injuries etc. Fancy us today UTC

Rog H K

Always a tough nut to crack are Mansfield.
Let's get an early goal and build on it. Confidence builds confidence.
Wouldn't 2nd guess team today. They all are getting their act together slowly and surely. 3 point today would be a statement of intent we mean buisness. I know it is a long old road but not sure we are being taken serious as promotion potential by media and fans yet. Keep plugging away City.

Dannyred

Toughest game yet, Mansfield leak goals but good at scoring too. I would really love a win but would be ok with a draw.

3-2 City

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll just be glad to remain unbeaten after today.

However Mansfield have started the season they're a good side who will be up there come the end of the season. This could be an excellent marker for us to see where we're at.

UTC

exeter-loyal

Had us down to lose 3-1 in the prediction thread but I can see us getting something out of this one today. If we stick to our game plan try and get Law and Martin in those dangerous positions where we look good were be alright. They have spent a lot but at the moment that means nothing. Let's hope by 5pm were still top and that those scumbags down the road drop points. Will make Saturday evening a lot sweeter!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have changed my train arrangements so will be on the way soon. Would be get if we're still top of the table at the end of the day.

Archie Collins birthday today, so hope he has a very happy 20th birthday.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully keep the unbeaten run going today even if it is a point- Not bothered about being top at 5 O'clock it's too early in the season for all that it's all abut putting in a good performance with hopefully some reward for our efforts - COYR

David Treharne

Strangely dull and overcast in Exeter. It's 20c but there's high level grey cloud obscuring and sunshine (or likelihood of sunshine) Wind is from SSW and blowing at around 2. We've had no significant rain in the last 24 hours, and although we had rain during the week the ground is still very hard - sprinklers will be on early! The barometric pressure is dropping, so there could be showers later on although there are no rain -bearing clouds a the moment. Could be a tough old game - especially bearing in mind that Mansfield comprehensively took us apart at home last year. The team must have travelled down yesterday as there were players in town at around 17:00.
There'll be no update at 13:00 this week as I shall be at the Hotel du Vin...er...self explanatory I suppose. I will. however have my Exeter City supporting footwear on when I do arrive....

Banksy

Always a tough nut to crack are Mansfield.
Let's get an early goal and build on it. Confidence builds confidence.
Wouldn't 2nd guess team today. They all are getting their act together slowly and surely. 3 point today would be a statement of intent we mean buisness. I know it is a long old road but not sure we are being taken serious as promotion potential by media and fans yet. Keep plugging away City.
Wonder whether Atangana will be available if only on the bench?