• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our next manager.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
One thing that Basham (and Challinor before him) does is give lie to the myth that footballers are all stupid. He is clearly intelligent, articulate and thoughtful - all delightfully middle class :). I always thought Southgate was management material for the same reasons.

Phil Sayers

But obviously Leroy and Buckle are not players. Just seems strange to hear that a playing (ie not injured) pro would be asked to summarise, especially down at the recent rivals.
Hargreaves has summarised on Oxford games before when not injured. I guess senior pros with a connection to the clubs and who can string a sentance together are offered the chance.

DevonSent

Hargreaves has summarised on Oxford games before when not injured. I guess senior pros with a connection to the clubs and who can string a sentance together are offered the chance.
I hope spelling doesn't come into it. Sorry. ;)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing that Basham (and Challinor before him) does is give lie to the myth that footballers are all stupid. He is clearly intelligent, articulate and thoughtful - all delightfully middle class :). I always thought Southgate was management material for the same reasons.
As in Gareth Southgate? I'm still not convinced that he's a manager :D :p

old and grey

Yes, i thought Southgate was the high point on Graham Taylors tv thing on channel 5 the other night.But wasn't it a lovely few days for Taylor to have a nic holiday flying around Europe!!

Phil Sayers

I hope spelling doesn't come into it. Sorry. ;)
I'll try and dig myself out of the hole by claiming that is an archaic way of spelling the word. Although I'm not sure anyway and it's desperate stuff! :)

he would do really well as our assitant manager

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
he would do really well as our assitant manager
Get rid of John Yems?

DevonSent

Assistant manager job? I reckon people will be thinking of Marcus Stewart or Sir Rob Edwards if that role was even a remote possibility. Simply down to the fact that they have played at a higher level.

Last edited:

cityno1ledgend

how old is basham at the moment?