• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

It's good to be back!!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice to see you back IJN. Just out of interest remind me and everyone else just how much profit PAFC made in the last financial year? Incidently the 16k break even figure was in the Plymouth Herald in 2006. I'm sure Mr Stapleton is a very good accountant by the way.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
All you're quoting there globey is a Janner equivalent to yourself, i.e someone who simply quotes sh*te.

I sat for about two hours on Friday night with Ollie and a Director of Argyle, taking all things green.

We did make a bid for Porter (even OAFC admitted this on their official site) for £750k.

Where this idiot gets 16k for "break even" God only knows. How stupid is that?

Everyone knows we will average about 13k, so why should the Chairman, a very very good accountant, put that in his budget????

It's all tosh, written by a person, who is as dim as you are, as simple as that.

As I say, we spent almost a million on players last season, we're doing O.K thank you very much.
Wow, ALMOST a million on players???

"Tigers wrap up transfer of Brown
Wayne Brown

Brown was an ever-present for Colchester last season
Hull have completed the signing of Colchester defender Wayne Brown for £450,000, says BBC Radio Humberside.

The 29-year-old, who played in every game for Colchester last season, has signed a three-year deal with Hull.

"We've gone through the medical and he signed his contract with us on Saturday," said boss Phil Brown.

"The chairman's flying in on Sunday and once we put pen to paper then the official announcement can come, but right now it looks like he's on board."

Brown spent three seasons at Layer Road, having signed from Gillingham after a loan spell, and made a total of 159 appearances for Colchester."

Hull have spent half that much on ONE defender:S

And we all know what Hull and Argyle have in common, don't we Ian?;)

angelic upstart

In fairness Globe Plym spent a similar amount on Halmosi.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice to see you back IJN. Just out of interest remind me and everyone else just how much profit PAFC made in the last financial year? Incidently the 16k break even figure was in the Plymouth Herald in 2006. I'm sure Mr Stapleton is a very good accountant by the way.
Like I keep reminding them A_U, the TRUTH is out there....

manc grecian

Wasnt Chris Porter only available on a free to teams outside of England hence why he went to Hibs. Here to state FACTS!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
In fairness Globe Plym spent a similar amount on Halmosi.
My point being A_U that 'almost one million' is a pathetic amount for a CCC side to spend when the going rate for a good player is £450,000.

angelic upstart

They did spend 300,000 in Rory Fallon (Roars with laughter)

IJN

Wasnt Chris Porter only available on a free to teams outside of England hence why he went to Hibs. Here to state FACTS!
Don't quote facts ffs manc, it'll ruin his pitch.

Last edited:

IJN

Don't quote facts ffs manc, it'll ruin his pitch.

IJN

My point being A_U that 'almost one million' is a pathetic amount for a CCC side to spend when the going rate for a good player is £450,000.
Did you know that Hull have spent less than us then?