• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's me take on things, controversial as it may be, I really like the group of players and the manager.

Gary's not going anywhere so as another poster said today we are only 11 or 12 or so places away from the highest ever finish in our history , so let's make the most of out of our situation .

From what I can so we have a team and manager that are desperate to win. So how we as Exeter City fans react now could be critical to how things pan out the rest of the reason.
Wow, really surprised by this. Each to their own but this is the most disconnected I've felt from the team and staff for as long as I can remember.

StudentGrecian

Based on the Stanno stand clapping him with glee after an ugly 1-0 win between 2 sides that couldn’t string 2 passes together between them I’d say people will forgive and forget pretty quickly.

Our fanbase is embarrassingly fickle. Clap the players but if you wanted the manager gone prior to kick off that doesn’t change after that result. You’re just making the boards justification of their decision making easier.
I’ve been Caldwell out since before Fleetwood and haven’t changed my mind after another mediocre performance against a poor side. But I stood there and clapped them after the game.

What did you want from us fans in the Stansfield? We’d won and saved a last minute penalty of course there were going to celebrations and clapping.

older-codger

Yes coz I know the location of every single poster on here. It proves my point even more, very easy to slag off supporters when you don't have to suffer it every week.
Just to clarify, as others have pointed out to you, I now live in NI but have been a regular at SJP for over 70 years, since my first match in 1948 with more downs than ups. I may not "suffer it every week" live but can assure you that I watch the full match on iFollow every Sunday morning. I just do not allow football to affect me to the extent that I suffer as I have far more important things to suffer, including recent major surgery.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to clarify, as others have pointed out to you, I now live in NI but have been a regular at SJP for over 70 years, since my first match in 1948 with more downs than ups. I may not "suffer it every week" live but can assure you that I watch the full match on iFollow every Sunday morning. I just do not allow football to affect me to the extent that I suffer as I have far more important things to suffer, including recent major surgery.
I hope you're recovering well, OC.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Based on the Stanno stand clapping him with glee after an ugly 1-0 win between 2 sides that couldn’t string 2 passes together between them I’d say people will forgive and forget pretty quickly.

Our fanbase is embarrassingly fickle. Clap the players but if you wanted the manager gone prior to kick off that doesn’t change after that result. You’re just making the boards justification of their decision making easier.
The party on the Big Bank after the final whistle was something else. Joy and happiness in abundance - most glorious :)

AndyR

Wow, really surprised by this. Each to their own but this is the most disconnected I've felt from the team and staff for as long as I can remember.
I'm surprised to read this. The only time I felt disconnected was when Tisdale was at his worst, when I think I went something like 6 months of matches at SJP without a City goal being scored (TBF I did miss a couple of games), coupled with impenetrable post-match interviews and occasionally gesturing... shall we say... at our fans at away matches.

GC has not to my knowledge ever hidden from pre or post-match interviews which are easy to understand (even if you don't agree with them) and nor has he or the team at any time to my knowledge blamed or turned on the fans.

If you want a great example of disconnect, just travel down the road to Torquay.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm surprised to read this. The only time I felt disconnected was when Tisdale was at his worst, when I think I went something like 6 months of matches at SJP without a City goal being scored (TBF I did miss a couple of games), coupled with impenetrable post-match interviews and occasionally gesturing... shall we say... at our fans at away matches.

GC has not to my knowledge ever hidden from pre or post-match interviews which are easy to understand (even if you don't agree with them) and nor has he or the team at any time to my knowledge blamed or turned on the fans.

If you want a great example of disconnect, just travel down the road to Torquay.
There's no right or wrong, it's just down to how an individual feels.

Last year I really liked a lot of our players. Key, Collins, Stanno, Nombe, Brown (before his problems). This season I don't really love many of our lads, I like Diabate a lot, everyone likes Sweeney but that's about it for me. A lot of loans and a lot of lads who don't really seem to show much personality like the likes of Brown and Nombe did.

yticretexe

I’ve been Caldwell out since before Fleetwood and haven’t changed my mind after another mediocre performance against a poor side. But I stood there and clapped them after the game.

What did you want from us fans in the Stansfield? We’d won and saved a last minute penalty of course there were going to celebrations and clapping.
Celebrations and clapping are different to specifically clapping GC as he walked over on his own.

yticretexe

The party on the Big Bank after the final whistle was something else. Joy and happiness in abundance - most glorious :)
Gary stayed at the back in front of the bank, knows when he’s not wanted.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
This with bells on. not even watching the chaz stuff anymore. Wycombe was a huge relief but there is a lot of bridge that needs to be rebuilt