• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Clearly she had mental issues. Took her own life. Tragic waste of life. I can't help feeling that it's all this self obsessed shallow celebrity bubble that some people live in that has a severely detrimental effect on mental health.
Very sad.

As Lego says, she clearly had some big problems evidenced in the alleged attack on a boyfriend.

RIP
A lot of people have rough times and problems with mental health, even people who live in the public eye because they are on TV or radio. Just because they have outwardly successful and privileged lives (and their profession is a choice) it is really no excuse for tabloids and paps to hound them at their most vulnerable times. What's the betting now the tabloids who have hounded her now go big on mental health issues, probably for all of five minutes until the next story comes.

At least social media can be avoided when a piling in occurs although it can be damaging. Hard to not notice paps and "reporters" hanging around your garden gate keeping the "story" alive so they can get more hits and sales. And then they will moralize and shed crocodile tears to keep the hits coming. Modern life is...

Legohead

Banned
I agree. The tabloids are scum and those programmes like Love Island are full of vacuous plastics. If I was struggling as a celeb i'd just pack it all in, move to Scotland and live a normal life. I would have more than enough money to do so. People will have forgotten about you in a few months. Job done. No more hounding. I'm not defending their behaviour put celebrities want the fame and fortune and that comes at a price. The ultimate price in the sad case of Caroline Flack.

Like Prince Harry. Fled to Canada because our press are full of cocks.

DB9

Sadley this culture of exposing your whole life on Social Media will have its darkside, People nowadays, Especially the younger ones are obsessed with putting their whole lives online and always wanting to be "Liked" The rise of reality TV has exposed a nassacistic side of people who want to be famous for doing nothing, Look on the online pages of the Daily's umpteen stories from Love Island, Katie Price, Gemma Collins etc which TBH most of us are not interested in. Ms Flack was within that media, Before her arrest earlier this year she was always posting stuff, Wanting to be liked and noticed and probably behind her was her "management" who would feed the papers with stories to keep her profile up just like the rest of these "Celebrities" so you can't always blame the papers if they're being fed stuff.

Now you'll have lots of tweets from all the Z list celeb going and some selling their stories about her for a few quid while the real loved ones in her life, Her family will be grieving. It is really sad that she decided this was her only way out and didn't reach out for help.

Legohead

Banned
Sadley this culture of exposing your whole life on Social Media will have its darkside, People nowadays, Especially the younger ones are obsessed with putting their whole lives online and always wanting to be "Liked" The rise of reality TV has exposed a nassacistic side of people who want to be famous for doing nothing, Look on the online pages of the Daily's umpteen stories from Love Island, Katie Price, Gemma Collins etc which TBH most of us are not interested in. Ms Flack was within that media, Before her arrest earlier this year she was always posting stuff, Wanting to be liked and noticed and probably behind her was her "management" who would feed the papers with stories to keep her profile up just like the rest of these "Celebrities" so you can't always blame the papers if they're being fed stuff.

Now you'll have lots of tweets from all the Z list celeb going and some selling their stories about her for a few quid while the real loved ones in her life, Her family will be grieving. It is really sad that she decided this was her only way out and didn't reach out for help.
Spot on. It's all one big bubble and those who aren't strong enough of mind and character will succumb in some way when it bursts. Nobody has any sense of privacy about their lives anymore and mainly that's of THEIR doing and not the tabloids etc. They do it of their own free will and that includes ordinary people too who post endless photos of their kids and family for complete strangers to view on facebook etc think nothing of divulging details of where they work and everything. I actually find it truly bizarre. It's all about competing for popularity and narcissicism. Truly, truly sad.

I could if i wanted have a facebook page and post endless photos of myself and family etc and where i'd been on holiday etc but then i'd step back and think, who actually gives a ****? So i don't do it. It's pointless. Utterly pointless.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Very sad news. I did not watch much of her later in her career (Love Island, Strictly, X factor etc), but she was a firm favourite in our house on saturday mornings for years when young missy was growing up.

Legohead

Banned
She's a typical example of someone who on the outside you'd think has everything they could ever need but inside they must be in torment. Beautiful, young, rich, great social life, popular, famous etc etc etc but inside it wasn't enough. I've always maintained that if you aren't 100% happy from within and happy with who you are as a person then no matter how much fame or money etc you have it will never be enough.

Finding that true happiness with oneself is the purpose of life.

IndoMike

Celebrity status must be good for the bank balance, but when celebrity depends on the swings and roundabouts of social media then it's a fragile and shallow existence. Obviously there were other issues that were troubling her, too
Always bad news to hear about a young (or any person) taking their life.

Oldsmobile-88

Harry Gregg(87) Former Manchester Utd player & survivor of Munich Air Crash.

PeteUSA

Harry Gregg(87) Former Manchester Utd player & survivor of Munich Air Crash.
Far too good of a person to get a one line mention on an unofficial 'obituary thread'. Have posted about this seperately on the Top to Bottom Forum, but depending who's on, it could well get tagged onto here.

Oldsmobile-88

Far too good of a person to get a one line mention on an unofficial 'obituary thread'.
☹☹☹

We are all equal in death..