• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Delta 5 were also around that time iirc.
Must have been a great music scene in what was a pretty grim city back then..Leeds is all gastro pubs & trendy restaurants in the centre these days.

Got to know most of those bands through Peels radio programme on from 10pm to midnight on a Mon to Thurs.
Didn't know how lucky I was Olds, thought life must be like this. Remember one night having to choose between The Clash at the Poly or Captain Beefheart at the Uni, I went for the latter!

Rosencrantz

Kirk Douglas age 103. I am still Spartacus 😥.

DB9

What an age to reach, RIP, I'm Spartacus!

Banksy

RIP Kirk , a real movie star and legend. Still remember queuing up as a young lad , ( can’t remember whether it was Exeter Odeon or Gaumont ) , to see The Vikings more than sixty years ago.And then there was Spartacus....

Oldsmobile-88

A few good films to remember Kirk Douglas by.
One of my favourites is the little known made for TV film,Amos(1985)
He plays a cantankerous old man in a old folks home where the person in charge is abusing the residents.

DB9

A few good films to remember Kirk Douglas by.
One of my favourites is the little known made for TV film,Amos(1985)
He plays a cantankerous old man in a old folks home where the person in charge is abusing the residents.
I think most of us of a certain age can relate to being cantankerous 😆

IndoMike

RIP Kirk , a real movie star and legend. Still remember queuing up as a young lad , ( can’t remember whether it was Exeter Odeon or Gaumont ) , to see The Vikings more than sixty years ago.And then there was Spartacus....
He had a helluva tough background. Full respect to him for having the willpower to become so successful.
A unique actor.

Alistair20000

I think most of us of a certain age can relate to being cantankerous 😆
Seconded

#cantankerousoldfart

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
RIP Kirk , a real movie star and legend. Still remember queuing up as a young lad to see The Vikings more than sixty years ago.
Do you remember the whoo-whooing chants that went through the whole length of the film?

And some people moan about the Chiefs tomahawk chop. ;)

Banksy

Do you remember the whoo-whooing chants that went through the whole length of the film?

And some people moan about the Chiefs tomahawk chop. ;)
I do indeed , still enjoyed it though , corny as it now seems. No vhs or DVD’s then let alone streaming., just the good old black and white tv.No wonder we queued up in the rain to see those epics.