• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR (Vegans) Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Freeze frame(not clear) of the red card incident.
Both players have their legs high.
The FGR player making a meal of it convinced the ref to show the red very quickly(The player did not need the attention of the physio)
A pity the ref did not gather his thoughts before flashing the red card.58BC9F03-E673-41E5-8E11-D402ED151F33.jpeg

IndoMike

Weak reffing in my opinion. It was the the same for both players as the photo clearly shows, but because the FGR player dropped to the floor he gave the red card to Atangana, who happened to be running the game. Now we lose Atangana for 3 games purely because one ref bows to the baying of the home crowd. At worst it was a yellow card.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Jayden Richardson stepped up to the plate well yesterday, especially second half. It can't be easy as a young man coming in on loan, getting little game time, then being asked to play on the other side of the pitch with no-one in front of him. He stood up well to the pressure. Matt T made a specific point of going over to congratulate him after the game. If it wasn't for Maxted's fantastic shot-stopping I'd have made him MOM.

Red Devon

The FGR player making a meal of it convinced the ref to show the red very quickly(The player did not need the attention of the physio)
A pity the ref did not gather his thoughts before flashing the red card.View attachment 1485

Probably worth an appeal seeing as he’s would miss three games anyway.

Fareham Grecian

Definite red, I don't know why people are really questioning it. Maxted did very well some first class top drawer saves, however, and I know I'll be slated for it, he lived a charmed life. His catching/punching choices were bizarre at times and had FGR been a bit more clinical they could have had a hatful. For example Maxted made a great save at one point but put the ball back to the FGR player on the centre spot who put it wide. Great performance from him with superb defensive back up but it wasn't a perfect performance from maxted. Her to be rained on with criticism!!

did anyone else notice Martin telling Maxted which way to dive just before the kick was taken. He was making definite dive left signals.
Agree with all this. I watched on ifollow (good coverage and no technical issues here) and while Maxted made several truly superb reaction saves, his general handling was pretty woeful. He doesn’t seem to be able to catch a ball so he flaps at everything coming into his box.

StroudGrecian

I thought Jayden Richardson stepped up to the plate well yesterday, especially second half. It can't be easy as a young man coming in on loan, getting little game time, then being asked to play on the other side of the pitch with no-one in front of him. He stood up well to the pressure. Matt T made a specific point of going over to congratulate him after the game. If it wasn't for Maxted's fantastic shot-stopping I'd have made him MOM.
I agree John, the lad put in a great second half performance (he was largely anonymous in the first) and I hope that gives him a bit more of the confidence he seems to lack at present. Tom Parkes needs to give him heading lessons though.

TSW1389

A pity the ref did not gather his thoughts before flashing the red card.View attachment 1485
If we appeal are we liable to end with a 4 game ban if the FA see it as unjustified?

Also if Nigel is "endangering an opponent" surely its a double red card? just because the FGR player won the ball does not mean he was not "endangering an opponent" aswell

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maxted is a conundrum.

He can make exceptional reactionary saves which he has done particularly yesterday and in the home match against the Vegans and earned us at least four points from those stops, and then he can make glaring errors and cost us ££££'s as he did in the F A Cup. He has also shown signs of indecision as he did at Bradford, as well as other times when he punches when he should catch/collect which keeps the pressure on the defence, particularly as he does have quite a hefty boot on him and could quickly turn defence into attack

In the everyday run of things I am not overly confident in his general decision making on catching or punching, it could be this 'indecisiveness' which has led to him making the errors, despite yesterday I will be happier when Ward is back between the sticks, but he has proved a good backup (unlike poor old James Hamon last season).

Banksy

Weak reffing in my opinion. It was the the same for both players as the photo clearly shows, but because the FGR player dropped to the floor he gave the red card to Atangana, who happened to be running the game. Now we lose Atangana for 3 games purely because one ref bows to the baying of the home crowd. At worst it was a yellow card.
Sadly illustrates the poor quality reffing in our league but what can you expect at the swamp end?

IndoMike

I'm glad to hear that : you echo my sentiments entirely..We have to realize he's still learning. Well done Jayden!