• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR (Vegans) Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly illustrates the poor quality reffing in our league but what can you expect at the swamp end?
Imagine what it is like lower down the leagues

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree John, the lad put in a great second half performance (he was largely anonymous in the first) and I hope that gives him a bit more of the confidence he seems to lack at present. Tom Parkes needs to give him heading lessons though.
Yes, the first half anonymity was mainly due to City dictating play and, understandably, keeping it to right field, close to us ! Second half under the cosh, with FGR spraying the ball wide, trying to exploit the man advantage, Jayden stood up really well. On occasion when he was exposed if only through raw positional awareness, the covering by the centre backs and midfielders was superb.

IndoMike

Sadly illustrates the poor quality reffing in our league but what can you expect at the swamp end?
Yes, Banksy. Not good enough.

Banksy

Imagine what it is like lower down the leagues
I remember some of the amateur league refs were absolutely awful.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maxted is a great shot stopper but flaps at crosses and is not very strong coming out to collect balls.

Red Bill

If we appeal are we liable to end with a 4 game ban if the FA see it as unjustified?

Also if Nigel is "endangering an opponent" surely its a double red card? just because the FGR player won the ball does not mean he was not "endangering an opponent" aswell
Exactly what I was thinking! You can still be carded for dangerous play even if you don't make contact, and as was discussed over the Ben Seymour incident a few games ago, getting the ball is no defence. So if it was a red for Nige it should be a red for their player too as their actions were identical.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maxted is a great shot stopper but flaps at crosses and is not very strong coming out to collect balls.
Exactly right. I think Ward is the better all-round keeper and if he has a decent couple of games against Ipswich and for the under-23's I would expect him to start against Cambridge.

IndoMike

Exactly what I was thinking! You can still be carded for dangerous play even if you don't make contact, and as was discussed over the Ben Seymour incident a few games ago, getting the ball is no defence. So if it was a red for Nige it should be a red for their player too as their actions were identical.
Bloody ref evened things up a bit...

Larry Wilkie

Couple of ‘interesting’ comments on FGR fan boards. One saying I’m’surprised at how dirty Exeter are’!! A couple of others suggesting that we had an advantage because the ref was from Devon!! Couldn’t make it up!

grecIAN Harris

I was wondering what Harris would have thought when we went 4 4 1 with Lee Martin on the left and Williams on the right. I also remember the days when wide players used to swap sides for short periods, just to mix things up a bit.
Oh for a show of that amount of intelligence. Mix it up and aggravate both full backs. As for both wide men on the 'wrong' side, we haven't got players good enough or bright enough upstairs for it although to be fair to Martin he does have a far better ability to cross a ball on his 'standing' foot than Williams does.