• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GENERAL ELECTION 2019

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed, along with the Royal family for me. Elizabeth should be the very last. The rest of that useless, dysfunctional, self entitled bunch of scroungers can go make their own living. One of my favourite, (unfortunately now ex) MP's Dennis Skinner once worked out the jobs they all could do. Up the republic.
Charles doesn't bother me as it appears that he intends to downsize the Royals to just his boys and their families anyway.

A friend of mine who was a Royal Navy artificer claims that Charles is a very down-to-earth sort of bloke who enjoys filthy jokes. Apparently he, Charles and some ratings had a little drinking session with the Royal Protection Officer in attendance who warned them that under no circumstances must they offer to buy a round.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's like QI. I'll be Alan Davies and say Jeremy Corbyn.:)
Thanks, I've just been deafened by the siren.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Boris simply taking a leaf out of President Lyndon B Johnson's book when the President said of J Edgar Hoover the head of the FBI: "I'd rather have him inside the tent pi$$ing out, than outside the tent pi$$ing in"
That would be Michael Gove - better inside the tent

arthur

That would be Michael Gove - better inside the tent
There will be quite a few people outside the tent after the February reshuffle including, it is to be hoped, P Patel. (No need to burnish your right wing anti- immigrant credentials now that you've won the election). It'll be interesting to see in which direction they urinate...

arthur

Chris Williamson, fresh from slumping to just 600-odd votes and around 1% share, has pinpointed who is to blame for his beloved Glorious Leader's defeat.

You get three guesses. Go!
Link please. I could do with some light relief

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Link please. I could do with some light relief
From my ol' pal Guido:

Mr Jinx

Barry Gardiner refuses to rule out standing for Labour deputy leadership.

Gardiner vs Burgon. What a gene pool they have.

Ian Russon

I've actually received some negative feedback through my friends about the fact I did not vote.

I really struggle to see why there is so much negativity towards people who choose not to vote.

arthur

From my ol' pal Guido:

Thanks Jason - light relief indeed! There's a post on Politics Today that I'd be interested to hear your views on

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jason - light relief indeed! There's a post on Politics Today that I'd be interested to hear your views on
Enlighten me?