• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Cambridge Utd Emirates FA Cup 1st Round replay Discussion Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We should win.....but I just have this feeling its gonna be squeaky bum time...
Isn't it always? (Except for Pltmerf)

IndoMike

Here is an excellent piece by Neil le Milliere about this match:

IS THE FA CUP IMPORTANT TO ECFC?

So on top of the money we make from our share of gate receipts from this coming Tuesday evening game; the programme, bar, kiosk, and other commercial income; there is also £36k for the winners which certainly isn’t to be sniffed at. Of course, should we win, we then have the income from a further FA Cup Round 2 home game against Hartlepool on Saturday 30 November but also the chance to take the win bonus of £54k.

To put this into perspective should we win the game on Tuesday evening the income from the shared gate for both the away and replay would more than equate to the average income we make from our home league matches which is around £30k-£35k! We then have the chance of making even more from the second round game and I don’t even want to think of the potential income form a third round tie!

Given our budget is based on no or minimal income from one FA Cup tie this would be exactly the sort of unbudgeted income we need for the club to survive and thrive hence why success in the FA Cup (and other cups) is vital to our ownership model unlike other models. This is why we, the supporters/owners, should treat it seriously and expect our team to as well.

As mentioned by Paul Farley recently we were both around when the money from FA Trophy and even the Devon Bowl matches was a lifeline. The season Alex Inglethorpe got us to Semi Final of the Trophy produced so much extra monies although of course, relative to today’s incomes, it was small but this sort of income is still significant and needs to be regarded as such.
Doesn't take a genius to work that out, dies it? We've already discussed this on the thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Jake Taylor back? Hopefully Fisher and Atangana will get another game, I was impressed with both on Saturday. It cant be long before Ward is back either, maybe a couple more weeks.

I'm confident of a win. 2-0. Fisher and Jay.

STURTZ

Not sure that either Bowman, Fisher and certainly not both together is the answer. Quite similar players with equal disabilities when it comes to goalscoring. Why not a couple of nippy players in the middle of attack like Jay and Seymour, can't be much worse.

IndoMike

Not sure that either Bowman, Fisher and certainly not both together is the answer. Quite similar players with equal disabilities when it comes to goalscoring. Why not a couple of nippy players in the middle of attack like Jay and Seymour, can't be much worse.
Big man + fox in the box used to be a good combination, but football has "developed', with forward lines shrinking from 3 forwards to one.

PeteUSA

So, is this game being shown live on iFollow or anywhere?

Oldsmobile-88

So, is this game being shown live on iFollow or anywhere?
No...Audio only.I’m not sure if that is available outside of the UK.

Alistair20000

Attendance : 3,650
Score : 3-1 City
Scorers : Parkes, Law and Fisher
Ref: Probably Huxtable
Weather : Rainy

We have avoided the North Devon Porker with rookie ref Sam Purkiss blowing the whistle.

Where is Mr T Kettle these days ?

PeteUSA

No...Audio only.I’m not sure if that is available outside of the UK.

Olds: I just checked the iFollow site. Its showing up as available for $7. Maybe they are allowed to show midweek replays?

Is Jake Taylor back? Hopefully Fisher and Atangana will get another game, I was impressed with both on Saturday. It cant be long before Ward is back either, maybe a couple more weeks.

I'm confident of a win. 2-0. Fisher and Jay.
Taylor will be back for Crawley - please play anyone but Bowman.
Law should be fit ......