• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Cambridge Utd Emirates FA Cup 1st Round replay Discussion Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Olds: I just checked the iFollow site. Its showing up as available for $7. Maybe they are allowed to show midweek replays?
Possibly..I understood that ifollow was not available for FAC games full stop.

Vision format not available in the UK.

I expect the $7 is audio only.Its £3.50 in the UK.

PeteUSA

Possibly..I understood that ifollow was not available for FAC games full stop.

Vision format not available in the UK.

I expect the $7 is audio only.Its £3.50 in the UK.
Its showing audio and visual at the moment. I'll wait until tomorrow morning and see what transpires. Maybe they're letting expats have both; we'll have to see.

IndoMike

We have avoided the North Devon Porker with rookie ref Sam Purkiss blowing the whistle.

Where is Mr T Kettle these days ?
Is Mr. Kettle an improvement, Ali? (I guess anyone would be).

Alistair20000

Is Mr. Kettle an improvement, Ali? (I guess anyone would be).
Very erratic is Trevor Kettle Indo but I have fond memories of him giving us a very soft penalty back in March 2010 Against Walsall. Barry Corr just seemed to fall over.

IndoMike

Very erratic is Trevor Kettle Indo but I have fond memories of him giving us a very soft penalty back in March 2010 Against Walsall. Barry Corr just seemed to fall over.
I remember that very vaguely.
So we must count our blessings that the extremely annoying butcherman is absent. Wonder who's been lumbered with him.

Dannyred

Here is an excellent piece by Neil le Milliere about this match:

IS THE FA CUP IMPORTANT TO ECFC?

So on top of the money we make from our share of gate receipts from this coming Tuesday evening game; the programme, bar, kiosk, and other commercial income; there is also £36k for the winners which certainly isn’t to be sniffed at. Of course, should we win, we then have the income from a further FA Cup Round 2 home game against Hartlepool on Saturday 30 November but also the chance to take the win bonus of £54k.

To put this into perspective should we win the game on Tuesday evening the income from the shared gate for both the away and replay would more than equate to the average income we make from our home league matches which is around £30k-£35k! We then have the chance of making even more from the second round game and I don’t even want to think of the potential income form a third round tie!

Given our budget is based on no or minimal income from one FA Cup tie this would be exactly the sort of unbudgeted income we need for the club to survive and thrive hence why success in the FA Cup (and other cups) is vital to our ownership model unlike other models. This is why we, the supporters/owners, should treat it seriously and expect our team to as well.

As mentioned by Paul Farley recently we were both around when the money from FA Trophy and even the Devon Bowl matches was a lifeline. The season Alex Inglethorpe got us to Semi Final of the Trophy produced so much extra monies although of course, relative to today’s incomes, it was small but this sort of income is still significant and needs to be regarded as such.
Will Ifollow be allowing this game to be shown live in the Uk and if so will that go directly to the club or shared.

PeteUSA

Will Ifollow be allowing this game to be shown live in the Uk and if so will that go directly to the club or shared.
It would now appear that iFollow isn't covering the replay. The next game on offer on their site is City v Crawley.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
14 replays tonight and tomorrow. Seems an unusually large number...

Expecting a smallish crowd. Looks like lots of ST holders are giving the game a miss.

denzel

14 replays tonight and tomorrow. Seems an unusually large number...

Expecting a smallish crowd. Looks like lots of ST holders are giving the game a miss.
Agreed. If we go through I'd hope for more realistic prices for the second round.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. If we go through I'd hope for more realistic prices for the second round.
I doubt if ticket price is much of a factor here. It's the unexciting nature of the event. A few quid off will hardly tempt the waverers on a cold November night.