• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City vs Grimsby MDT 28/09/19

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I definitely agree that we weren't at out best, I just don't think we were as bad as some people have suggested.
When have we been at our best at home this season. We have had results but I can't really recall us really dominating any one

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
When have we been at our best at home this season. We have had results but I can't really recall us really dominating any one
I'd largely agree with that although I thought we dominated Leyton Orient in the second half.

les.gtfc

I think what did play a big part in our win on Saturday was the system we played. I would have thought that all week you would have trained to deal with James Hanson and Matt Green up front, like we have played practically every league game this season, but when neither started and we went with Akheem Rose up top and Moses Ogbu and Max Wright on the wings it must have taken Matt Taylor by surprise and he struggled to adapt your play to deal with it.

Leaves us with a bit of a (good) headache next week. Do we go with the same starting lineup or bring Green and Hanson back in.

les.gtfc

Ogbu up top and Rose playing out wide I should have said.

wiveygrecian

Wasn’t very impressed with either Les, they got pace but one of them missed a sitter first half . Can’t see Ogbu scoring many in league 2 . Hanson and Green are a lot better finishers

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He said in an interview on DL 2 or 3 days ago that he was playing a bit too far forward for his preference.
Perhaps he likes to play deeper in midfield in the Kevin de Bruyne role

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Taylor has written to the authorities seeking clarification of Huxtables decision to get Archie Collins off the pitch for treatment even though the Grimsby player was booked, and Archie should have stayed on the pitch.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor has written to the authorities seeking clarification of Huxtables decision to get Archie Collins off the pitch for treatment even though the Grimsby player was booked, and Archie should have stayed on the pitch.

"With City down to ten men, the corner was played to Robson, who was left unmarked on the edge of the penalty box before curling a fine shot past Lewis Ward and into the far corner of the goal.

Asked if that was the area Collins would have been defending, Taylor added: “No, Lee Martin would have been on the edge of the box, but Lee Martin went and marked and took Archie Collins’ marker. We do have someone on the edge of the box, so our set up is pretty strong on set pieces against."

This is what Marcus Flitcroft said at the Senior Reds meeting.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think even Huxtable has done this

[B]Yeovil Town FC[/B]‏Verified account @[B]YTFC[/B] Sep 28
More
84 | The referee has, no joke, just sent off one of our ball boys...

les.gtfc