• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes. It's not mutually exclusive. The pain of missing out on 7th place doesn't compare to your club being extinguished though.

Sorry, but having no sympathy for the fans is just so dull in the head. At the end of the day, we're all in it together. There but for the grace of God, etc. Bury aren't the only victim and they won't be the last. Could more easily excuse the lack of empathy if we hadn't gone through it as a club.
So how much have you sent to Bury to help them out?

IndoMike

The fault lies squarely with Mr Dale and the EFL. Mr Dale blames everyone but himself, didn't he even bother to do his "due diligence" before handing over his quid ? Why didn't he seek to slash the wage bill by off loading players he couldn't afford to pay in the January window ? 24 hours from extinction and he's still playing Russian Roulette with its future at stake, by still trying to grasp a few bob !

Then the EFL, why didn't the "impotent" Shaun Harvey insist on Dale complying with the rules before allowing the transfer of ownership ? Why no fit and proper ownership test ? Why no insistence on proof of funds ? They allowed him to carry on regardless running roughshod over the league, and the other clubs who were living within their means. They allowed Bury to cheat the other teams out of a promotion place, and for it to fester on through the close season through their abject failure to act decisively !
Those are exactly my points but expressed more succinctly.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry for the fsns to some extent but they did wallow in promotion when cheating the financial rules and now they are suffering the repercussions of overextending, but at the end of the day it is Dale and the EFL who are to blame and need to sort it

IndoMike

Yes. It's not mutually exclusive. The pain of missing out on 7th place doesn't compare to your club being extinguished though.

Sorry, but having no sympathy for the fans is just so dull in the head. At the end of the day, we're all in it together. There but for the grace of God, etc. Bury aren't the only victim and they won't be the last. Could more easily excuse the lack of empathy if we hadn't gone through it as a club.
Since you clearly have so much sympathy for the Bury fans and say "we're all in it together" , I asked you in my brief post 2011 how much you had sent to Bury to help them out. After all, it's easy to express sympathy (whether genuinely felt or just a vacuous reaction) but not so easy to act on it.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since you clearly have so much sympathy for the Bury fans and say "we're all in it together" , I asked you in my brief post 2011 how much you had sent to Bury to help them out. After all, it's easy to express sympathy (whether genuinely felt or just a vacuous reaction) but not so easy to act on it.
Sorry, I assumed it was a rhetorical question. No money is the answer. A sign surely of great hypocrisy. Unless your mental faculties are intact, that is.

Spoonz Red E

Sorry for the fsns to some extent but they did wallow in promotion when cheating the financial rules and now they are suffering the repercussions of overextending, but at the end of the day it is Dale and the EFL who are to blame and need to sort it
There's hardly a football supporter anywhere who wouldn't be pleased at a promotion.

It doesn't mean they are 'wallowing'

Fans of both our Wembley rivals Blackpool & Coventry celebrated their promotions but also weren't happy with the basket case scenes off the pitch.

Torquay & Plymouth Argyle were both taken over by developers who primarily saw that their assets had value rather than being football fans.
Both of those clubs are still in heavy debt to their respective owners who may or may not prove to be 'good chaps' over time.

THE EFL have to be tougher on takeovers with particular emphasis on what's happening with the club's assets and should act much more quickly with points penalties e.g. 3 points deducted when there is a court winding up order.

IndoMike

Sorry, I assumed it was a rhetorical question. No money is the answer. A sign surely of great hypocrisy. Unless your mental faculties are intact, that is.
Yes, hypocrisy was my point......about your post

Spoonz Red E

;)
Actually I didn't really see any blackpool. The majority didn't celebrate being promoted at all.
There weren't many there, granted.
But they did celebrate - as would be expected.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Andus, first, last, and only warning. One more, and you're out. And as this is already your second bash at Exeweb, it'll be your last, ever.

IndoMike

There's hardly a football supporter anywhere who wouldn't be pleased at a promotion.

It doesn't mean they are 'wallowing'

Fans of both our Wembley rivals Blackpool & Coventry celebrated their promotions but also weren't happy with the basket case scenes off the pitch.

Torquay & Plymouth Argyle were both taken over by developers who primarily saw that their assets had value rather than being football fans.
Both of those clubs are still in heavy debt to their respective owners who may or may not prove to be 'good chaps' over time.

THE EFL have to be tougher on takeovers with particular emphasis on what's happening with the club's assets and should act much more quickly with points penalties e.g. 3 points deducted when there is a court winding up order.
I think the only way to guarantee this is
Andus, first, last, and only warning. One more, and you're out. And as this is already your second bash at Exeweb, it'll be your last, ever.
I was having a coffee with Hants in the High St and he told me Angus wasn't Scottish at all but was from Scunthorpe. You just can't trust the bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.