• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryancooper327

Looks awful.

No video of Ms Radford going to the police station to pick up her two players?
Though just social media reports, must be something for the arrests and suspension. Donohue has previous as he beat up a woman a few years ago.
Looks like it might have been an academy player they beat up too!

exeter-loyal

Shocked there even out at that time surely they would have had training that morning and like you said match following day.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps Ms Radford's next epic video will be of the happy friendly environment at the training ground with the Academy boys and first teamers all mixing and playing happily together. Lots of pats on the backs and encouragement all round. It will be a best seller

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Shocked there even out at that time surely they would have had training that morning and like you said match following day.
Looks like neither of them were due to be playing on Saturday - Mellis suspended, Donohue injured.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
No video of Ms Radford going to the police station to pick up her two players?
Made I larf!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just having a look for some positives at the start of the season like how wonderful our defence is and how exceptionally better it is than all the others but currently whilst good is not outstanding with Bradford also having only let one goal in and Newport and Cheltenham having only let in two goals so far (Newport did keep the Scum out hehehe), so as I said good but not yet standing out, but from my trawl I did notice that Stevenage are yet to score, and Oldham have only scored one. People have been getting tetchy about our strike force but hey we are not where these two are (yet?)

Unfortunately there are some quite free scoring teams with Mansfield (Boo Hiss) scoring eight equating to two a game and several on six including the Scum Swindon Crawley and Cheltenham where Reuben Reid is yet to faeture(League games only)

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let’s be brutal , who cares. They were promoted under false pretences last season and at the expense of another club who perhaps were managing their affairs fairly and above board.Just suppose it had been us who lost out for instance.
If the go it will make for another promotion place , maybe us , so nuts to them.
Fair point if the fans and the shysters running the club into the ground were one and the same... But they're not. It's a scourge on the game that's gone on for too long now. It was us not long ago (although, we at least had the good grace to be useless on the pitch as well).

Bury and any other club that suffer similar have all my sympathies.

IndoMike

Fair point if the fans and the shysters running the club into the ground were one and the same... But they're not. It's a scourge on the game that's gone on for too long now. It was us not long ago (although, we at least had the good grace to be useless on the pitch as well).

Their fans were quite happy to see the team promoted last season. I guess few questioned where they got the money from to pay some very high wages.
I suggest that all the people who care so much about Bury and think how terrible it all is should send a cheque forthwith to their supporters club.
Are we also feeling sorry for the clubs who were deprived of the autos or playoffs because Bury had competed unfairly?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are we also feeling sorry for the clubs who were deprived of the autos or playoffs because Bury had competed unfairly?
Yes. It's not mutually exclusive. The pain of missing out on 7th place doesn't compare to your club being extinguished though.

Sorry, but having no sympathy for the fans is just so dull in the head. At the end of the day, we're all in it together. There but for the grace of God, etc. Bury aren't the only victim and they won't be the last. Could more easily excuse the lack of empathy if we hadn't gone through it as a club.

Colesman Ballz

The fault lies squarely with Mr Dale and the EFL. Mr Dale blames everyone but himself, didn't he even bother to do his "due diligence" before handing over his quid ? Why didn't he seek to slash the wage bill by off loading players he couldn't afford to pay in the January window ? 24 hours from extinction and he's still playing Russian Roulette with its future at stake, by still trying to grasp a few bob !

Then the EFL, why didn't the "impotent" Shaun Harvey insist on Dale complying with the rules before allowing the transfer of ownership ? Why no fit and proper ownership test ? Why no insistence on proof of funds ? They allowed him to carry on regardless running roughshod over the league, and the other clubs who were living within their means. They allowed Bury to cheat the other teams out of a promotion place, and for it to fester on through the close season through their abject failure to act decisively !

Status
Not open for further replies.