• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract..

exeter-loyal

GK Ward
RB Sweeney (or a new signing)
CB Parkes
CB A.Martin
LB Moxey
RM Williams
CM Law
CM Taylor
LM L.Martin
CF Bowman
CF Ajose

Subs:
Maxted
Woodman
Warren
Collins
Holmes
Fisher
Jay

Atangana obvs, plus Seymour and Hartridge to break into this 17 fairly often I expect.
Yeah totally agree, you got to be playing your strongest side and that means throwing in the
likes of Law, L Martin and Williams. But I would have Sparkes in there.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It looks like Ward will be no.1, but don't forget Maxted (aka Masters) was a regular in Div 1.
I prefer to try Sparkes at left back against Macca and not Moxey.
Law, Collins, Martin, Williams, Ajose and Bowman should start. Jake should not be a shoe- in : he's a perfect sub. Wish Matt would try him at RB, though.

ryancooper327

Our two XIs for the matches against Macclesfield last season. Nine players from the two starting elevens no longer at the club (if you include Forte). Interesting to see MTs selection next week.

Attachments

IndoMike

Ward or Maxted
Sweeney
Martin
Parkes
Sparkes
Williams
Collins
Law
Martin
Bowman
Ajose

We're playing Macclesfield, not Real Madrid. Attack !

exeter-loyal

Midfield and attacking options look very strong!! With a bit of depth to come on too.

Boyo

Ward or Maxted
Sweeney
Martin
Parkes
Sparkes
Williams
Collins
Law
Martin
Bowman
Ajose

We're playing Macclesfield, not Real Madrid. Attack !
I do like the look of that.

Who will be captain though? Parkes? Law?

IndoMike

I do like the look of that.

Who will be captain though? Parkes? Law?
Could be Parkes, Bowman? Taylor almost certainly would come on at some stage whereupon he can take the armband. I think we have to get past the idea that Taylor must start every game, and tbh I prefer Collins to Jake in midfield. My team is for the Macclesfield game.

Corey

Sweeney was captain temporarily vs Swansea

jrg333

WARD

COLLINS
WARREN
PARKES
SPARKES

WILLIAMS
LAW
TAYLOR
L. MARTIN

AJOSE
BOWMAN

Bit experimental but I'd like us to try this as our 'home' or attacking line up. In games we're expecting to do more defending we could bring in Sweeney and Woodman at full-back and maybe bring Tillson in as a defensive midfielder in place of Ajose up front.

Red Devon

Think we’ll see as close to the team, shape and formation as we finished the last few months of last season with which will probably mean Bowman up top on his own supported by two wide men. Ward GK, Sparkes LB and Parkes CB.....just my feeling as I don’t think MT has been entirely happy with how pre season has gone, Ajose looking three weeks behind with his fitness for example.