• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Stelios

That is a excellent film.I saw it at the Phoenix just after it was released & picked it up on DVD a few years later.
Nice one. I tend to miss things when they first come out. I just happened to watch it one evening on TV and was really moved by it. A real gem.

I've finished Deutschland 86 now. Got a lot better I think. I almost gave up after the first few episodes as it didn't seem to be going anywhere. I'm still not sure how well the absurd/surreal/comedy touches fit with the pain and misery but enjoyable nonetheless. A few too many *really?* moments and I had to suspend disbelief a few too many times for my liking but hey, it's a TV show. Less music in '86 which was a shame.

I assume there will be an '89? I gather it was quite a big year in that part of the world.........

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've finished Deutschland 86 now. Got a lot better I think. I almost gave up after the first few episodes as it didn't seem to be going anywhere. I'm still not sure how well the absurd/surreal/comedy touches fit with the pain and misery but enjoyable nonetheless. A few too many *really?* moments and I had to suspend disbelief a few too many times for my liking but hey, it's a TV show. Less music in '86 which was a shame

I assume there will be an '89? I gather it was quite a big year in that part of the world.........
That’s a fair assessment of ‘86.....It would have been difficult to match ‘83 which was based on the world sleepwalking into armageddon in late 1983(check out 1983 The Brink of Apocalypse on Discovery if a available) good sub plot too.

Deutschland ‘89 is being planned.

Incidentally the Stazi Hauptmann(Captain) in the lives of others,played excellently by Elrich Mule,died soon after the film was released.

Oldsmobile-88

Lots of great old films & TV archive on Talking Pictures(Sky 328 Virgin 445 Freeview 81)..The Blue Lamp(1949) on this evening with Jack ‘evening all’ Warner & Dirk ‘wears white sox’ Bogarde..Good old British post was film.

iscalad

Lots of great old films & TV archive on Talking Pictures(Sky 328 Virgin 445 Freeview 81)..The Blue Lamp(1949) on this evening with Jack ‘evening all’ Warner & Dirk ‘wears white sox’ Bogarde..Good old British post was film.
I record quite a few films on TPTV. Great stuff.

Oldsmobile-88

Get Some In (1975-77) a good comedy(for its time) based on RAF National Service starring Tony Selby & Robert Lindsey is starting a run on TPTV on July 1st...To my knowledge this is its first reshowing.

iscalad

Get Some In (1975-77) a good comedy(for its time) based on RAF National Service starring Tony Selby & Robert Lindsey is starting a run on TPTV on July 1st...To my knowledge this is its first reshowing.
I think it has been on Forces TV.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Enjoyed Good Omens. Typical Pratchett.

Series 3 of Stranger Things starts next week.

Stelios

Any good recommendations for on demand/box set thriller/spy drama/cold war type stuff? I don't have Netflix.

Is Killing Eve good? I was 'triggered' by the lead actress's Eastern European/Russian accent I heard in a promo but am happy to put up with it if I have to :)

Have enjoyed Chernobyl, Deutschland 83/86 recently. Doesn't have to be high-octane. There is only so many times I can watch the original Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy........ Something that makes you want to watch the following episode immediately.

iscalad

Berlin station or Condor if you can get them. Both spy series.

Banksy

Second series of Knightfall starting next Tuesday at 9 pm on the History channel. Knights Templar v the king of France.
Think the king won that one 1-0 .
If it’s as good as the first series something to look forward to.Plenty of action and intrigue.