• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

CITY V Mansfield Build-up and predictions

Temporarily Exiled

Hiram's inability to perform for 90 minutes does cause selection issues. If we have both him and Holmes in the side, that's 2/3 subs already committed. Things become even more difficult when we have others returning from injury (like Brown).

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any updated crowd estimates?

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Block A now open for ticket purchase, so a good crowd expected and it'd be nice to see a large increase in the number of women and girls, if we are to get crowds regularly up to 5,000 and help fund the best squad we can, we need to widen the base of regular supporters. There has been a big increase in tickets sold this week, presumably partly in response the publicity for this but also to the amazing result, performance and momentum arising from the win at Notts County.

I have to admit I couldn't stop grinning for a good 20 minutes after we left Meadow Lane, happened against us so many times it's great to get a result like that.

All we need now is to beat the Stags tomorrow, I don't care how - a fluke, an OG, a dodgy penalty, them having 3 players sent off, anything - just a WIN.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If anyone's interested...............

Played for both sides: Shayne Bradley, Jamie Campbell, Jon Challinor, Gary Chapman, Horace Clifford, Alan Crawford, Jonathan Fortune, George Foster, Ray Harford, Alex Jeannin, Martin Ling, John Mitten, Trevor Morgan, Stuart Naylor, Bobby Olejnik, Gordon Owen, Fred Parnell, Jacob Parsons, Ginger Phoenix, Lenny Pidgeley, George Pilkington, Jason Rees, Neil Richardson, Andy Roscoe, Darren Rowbotham, John Rowlands, George Stimpson, Stuart Storer, Arjan van Heusden, Craig Woodman.

Grecian2K

By heck Snook F. That's thoroughly impressive research there! (y)

(Although, presumably, Alex Jeannin's visit there was only becaus he was ordered there to recover the ball after one of his huge, misguided but legendary free kicks at SJP) ;)

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

(Although, presumably, Alex Jeannin's visit there was only becaus he was ordered there to recover the ball after one of his huge, misguided but legendary free kicks at SJP) ;)
Or he was in Mansfield when 12 year old Gary Hooper broke down his flank to score Grays' fourth in their 4-1 win over us in the FA Trophy.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
My god, I didn't realise Woody had played for them on loan. He even scored a goal...

fred binneys head

Maybe with a little help from Stagsnet, but don't tell Snoop that I've told you.

Ian Tarr

If anyone's interested...............

Played for both sides: Shayne Bradley, Jamie Campbell, Jon Challinor, Gary Chapman, Horace Clifford, Alan Crawford, Jonathan Fortune, George Foster, Ray Harford, Alex Jeannin, Martin Ling, John Mitten, Trevor Morgan, Stuart Naylor, Bobby Olejnik, Gordon Owen, Fred Parnell, Jacob Parsons, Ginger Phoenix, Lenny Pidgeley, George Pilkington, Jason Rees, Neil Richardson, Andy Roscoe, Darren Rowbotham, John Rowlands, George Stimpson, Stuart Storer, Arjan van Heusden, Craig Woodman.
Ray Keeley is missing from that list.

Grecian2K

My god, I didn't realise Woody had played for them on loan. He even scored a goal...
Ah, but did he celebrate it? We need to know.