• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hiram Boateng take a bow

tonykellowfan

Given that Boateng has been out for such a long time, I cannot see him being put straight back into the team. He will surely be a sub for one or more games, coming on with 20 or 30 minutes to play to see how he does. He will highly likely be off that pace and not match fit at first.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale would describe this as a "quality problem".

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Boateng was one of the best midfielders in league 2 last season
On his day you may have a point however based on week in week out performances he was nowhere near.

At times last season he was on the bench for us, we have far better midfield options now than we had last season with the likes of Law, Lee Martin, Collins, Williams etc coming into the group.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale would describe this as a "quality problem".
High quality in fact !

jimbo-gould

I’m fairly sure Boateng was on more assists than Law before he got injured. I’d rather see him in than Taylor, but I don’t think that will happen.

Bittners a Legend

I'm not saying that either of these are solutions that I would endorse but I wouldn't be surprised if either:

a) Collins was dropped, Taylor or Boateng play deeper - accepting that Boateng is not going to break play up as well as Archie.
b) Law will be moved wide again

Having said all that - after many months out I would have thought it unlikely Boateng is going to be anywhere near the fitness levels to go straight back into central midfield and play 90 minutes at the intensity Taylor wants. May well be that injuries, suspensions and rotation play a part and that there won't be one solution anyway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I worry that Nicky Law will get injured, while Hiram Boateng is still out.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given that Boateng has been out for such a long time, I cannot see him being put straight back into the team. He will surely be a sub for one or more games, coming on with 20 or 30 minutes to play to see how he does. He will highly likely be off that pace and not match fit at first.
Thought Matty T said last week he's NOT back in full training yet. As a rule, it seems to be a further three or four weeks before a player is close to a start so, even if Hiram doesn't endure any more setbacks, I don't think we'll be seeing him any time soon.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m fairly sure Boateng was on more assists than Law before he got injured. I’d rather see him in than Taylor, but I don’t think that will happen.
That's the thing isn't it? I mean since when did being club captain make a player immune to being on the bench as opposed to the starting 11 on the pitch? Talk about tying your hands. I'm not suggesting necessarily that Taylor SHOULD be dropped just that it shouldn't be any different an issue than any other player.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's the thing isn't it? I mean since when did being club captain make a player immune to being on the bench as opposed to the starting 11 on the pitch? Talk about tying your hands. I'm not suggesting necessarily that Taylor SHOULD be dropped just that it shouldn't be any different an issue than any other player.
It might have been an idea to make Jake club captain and Moxey playing captain. Just a thought. Having said that, Jake does have his strong points as a player.

Last edited: