• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Willem Tomlinson

Langer

10 years at Blackburn tells a story can someone let us know what it is many thanks.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm just speculating too, but my guess is that if he was going to join us he would have been signed up already. He was training with us before Christmas, so we would have had plenty of time to sign him if we wanted him. It looks to me that he wasn't quite good enough.
With regard to Will Dean being on the bench, it could be that he MT now thinks, like Archie Collins, that he's ready. Maybe he has also overtaken Jordan Tilson in the pecking order, which is why Tilly's been allowed to go out on loan.
You could well be right regarding Dean, I've not seen much of him however he sounds like a good prospect, I just worry we don't have much back up in the central midfield department, also nobody seems to have any idea when Boateng will be back.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose, this time last year, Jordan Storey was only just about to make his debut and look how well he did. So, it’s possible that Dean could be able to step up to the first team and become like a new signing himself, which would be fantastic. You only have to look at the progress Archie Collins has made in 6 months, going from a young prospect to a key member of the first team.

Re Tomlinson I agree that we would probably have signed him by now if that was ever going to happen.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
The thing that would have put the cherry on the cake yesterday would have been Will Dean coming on for a five minute run out. Maybe next time.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peter O’Rourke who’s a sports journalist and usually pretty reliable has tweeted that we’re set to sign Tomlinson on a free!

Watch this space.

IndoMike

But is he any good?

Red Devon

But is he any good?
Rated by Blackburn fans best to wait before the ink has dried on a contract though ..personally this signing has a good feel about it should it happen.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

IndoMike

Interesting. They say it's a short-term deal.
I'm not against this signing at all to have a proper look at him and I guess Kinder knows him. It seems there is a lot of exciting anticipation about his signing when we really don't know much about him.. Only that..

Last edited:

Red Monster

But is he any good?
Well if he’s been on trial and we still want to sign him Matt must rate him.